c000021a Unkown Hard Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

SquidLord

Solid State Member
Hey guys, my room mates lap top just got this BSOD error during boot up, he has the Dell Inspiron 600m running Windows XP [service pack unsure of]

I've never encountered this but other forums that I've read, before coming here have talked about hardware issues? Any suggestions?

an update, we rebooted the computer and now it's giving a c0000221 error saying there's a problem with "SystemRoot\System32\ntdll.dll

Hey SquidLord,
That is generally an install error from what I have seen. Most times, I fix that issue by grabbing a good version of the file from a healthy PC and replacing the currupt one.

I would try to find a 600m running a similar release of xp, and copy that thing in. Remember your DOS commands? ;)

Good luck.

You can get that file from many places on the internet. Places like DLLDownload will have it. But if that file got corrupted i would be cautious cause there is a chance that it will corrupt again. there isnt a real reason behind why the NTFile System DLL corrupts. So there is no guarantee that it wont corrupt again.

I would suggest a Repair install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom