Broken Outlook

S4ndm4n

Baseband Member
My outlook is not working, it gets stuck on loading profile. I've called Microsoft customer support and they are saying that the problem lies in the mail server. I know that's not the issue since it's a company server and nobody else is having problems and I can still view my email on my phone fine. I'd like to reset outlook and setup the account again from scratch, could someone direct me how to make that happen? I've done some research and tried fixing the .pst as well as making a new profile. I think me trying to fix it has actually made it worse and I would like to just start over, would someone help me make that happen please?

Have you tried just deleting the PST/OST file, and then resetting up your outlook profile?

I searched for all .pst files and deleted them. I then went I to control panel / mail and deleted all profiles. Then I made a profile which had me setup the email account again. Applied and ok'd then opened outlook. First it gave a message about first time setup and I waited for quite some time while it ran. It then gave me a message about outlook not closing correctly last time and do I want to open in safe mode. I hit no and it did nothing. Tried to open outlook again and it said it was already open. Rebooted computer and tried opening outlook again. Same thing, asking if I want to open in safe mode. This time I said yes and it still did nothing. Try opening it again and get the error saying only one version of outlook can run at a time. Does any of that clue you in to what's going on? Using office 2013 btw

I'd try either a repair install of Office, or uninstalling/reinstalling completely.

Try the repair first:
Go to Programs and Features -> Highlight Office 2013 -> Click the 'Change' button (or right click -> Change -> Select the Repair option and click Continue

Back
Top Bottom