Broken 4850 HD Card Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iokewe

Baseband Member
Hello my hard drive recently burnt out; so i stripped my external hard drive and installed vista64 bit back on to it. after all the fun of installing I get to have more fun re-installing all the drivers. Though each time i install the newest version of graphics card driver from the AMD or Visiontek website when i restart my system as soon as it comes into the log in screen my card dies and screen goes blank. I know i am using the 64 bit driver. Its weird because when i first put the computer together there were no problems but now nothing seems to work. please help.:confused:

Have you tried accessing safe mode yet? Also try the mode LKGC (Last Known Good Configuration).

You can access these by pressing F8 after the POST beep.

i can run my comp in safe mode. than i disable the driver reboot and its fine. though i cant run any video programs as they lag

sometimes when i install the drivers it claims my system does not meet the requirements. and stops instalation

the catalyst system does not seem to recognize my card any more. when i go to install it says that i do not have proper hardware or software. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom