BORDERLANDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whirlwind

Fully Optimized
Is anybody else playing Borderlands?

I have started Borderlands, and so far I really like it.

My son and I are going to be playing co-op over our home lan, but for now I started a single player game.

It is a post apocalyptic world, but I for one like that .

In the short time that I have played this, I have found these things that I really like.

The game world graphics reminds me so much of Fallout & Fallout 2....except it is done in a FRS format and not isometric...I am really diggin the graphics because I loved the graphics in the first 2 Fallout games.

It is a nice change of pace to play a game where the graphics are not meant to be real looking.

I love the fact that while it does have RPG elements....it is pure shooter fun and realism of what could really happen in life are thrown out the window for some pure FUN!

I am early on, but I can see alot of DLC content coming for this game.

One of the best things I like is ALL THE WEAPONS

I can't wait to play this in co-op with my son...there are alot of laughs in store.

My wife watched my son play alittle and I think she too is going to give it a try.

I will post some screenshots of the game later.

I did think of picking this up but didn't get around to it. Will prolly get it for xmas ;)

Here are a few screenshots from early on in the game.

4125234088_2d65d6b4cf_b.jpg

4124465515_14d4db4340_b.jpg

4124465053_7caee74c5a_b.jpg

4125234180_70e238c4a6_b.jpg

4124465671_08590955be_b.jpg

Yeah, I stopped after reaching level 24 as Mordecai and level 14 as Brick.
Multiplayer is pretty sweet though, I setup a small LAN between my bros, myself and a couple of mates. Gotta love the weapon variety :)

I still don't like how the game actually looks though. And for gods sake, what's with all the 'post apocalyptic' games that've been released recently? far out...
I'm getting tired of all the barren wastelands and explosion-marked territories. Give me some Oblivion style maps again!

i am really considering buying this game, i kinda want to have people to play with though. Not many of my friends play pc games *they all pretty much play console games) and the ones that do play pc games either play really crappy ones, or dont have this game...i only know one person that plays this game (overlord from T-F. he already tried to get me to buy this game....) I'm not sure if i would like the game though, really not my usual type....the graphics are kinda weird too, i can't really tell if i like them or hate them.

^lol mind getting it for me for half price too?

maybe i'll get it next weekend....i already bought a game on steam this weekend (frontlines fuel of war...was a weekend deal 75% off)

^lol mind getting it for me for half price too?

maybe i'll get it next weekend....i already bought a game on steam this weekend (frontlines fuel of war...was a weekend deal 75% off)

ha, if i could i would. i'm going paying 1/2 and he's paying 1/2. he should really buy the game for me. cause that SOB owes me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom