Borderlands 2

Are you creating a separate profile and using it to open the chest? If so, that actually seems to be working as intended - every account created on a console that has the pre-order code activated seems to get the guns, key, etc.

If not, then that's probably gonna get patched ;)

But be careful, because the badass rank resetting is part of that bug, and it seems the bug may stem - at least on the PS3 side - from cloning a profile and the game getting confused about how / where to save.

Haven't created a separate profile, no...friend's just cloning mine. He's accepted the badass ranks are gone every time he does it at this point lmao. We're at level 25 and haven't had any other issues thus far, saving has been pretty standard to each character used so far.

I'll try a separate profile and see if the key thing will still work...but the save file would be on that profile, right? Which means no cloud save...and no PSN name either, not sure how that would work.

your so full of it maybe you save to the cloud but I dont belive you are ocd enough to flash drive it.:Haters:

i got me a nice 8gb thumbdrive from Target for like $4 and it works with the 360 just fine. I have had my level 69 siren and all my kicka$$ guns wiped out before. I have to sons that love to get into settings and mess with stuff. Plus after the KoA fiasco.... i dun learnt me a lessin

Haven't created a separate profile, no...friend's just cloning mine. He's accepted the badass ranks are gone every time he does it at this point lmao. We're at level 25 and haven't had any other issues thus far, saving has been pretty standard to each character used so far.

I'll try a separate profile and see if the key thing will still work...but the save file would be on that profile, right? Which means no cloud save...and no PSN name either, not sure how that would work.

It's not the cloned profile you have to worry about - it's the master profile - YOUR profile, in other words. That's the one that's getting corrupted when that bug occurs, and according to at least some of the posts on that thread, it seems to be related to cloning a profile.

When I tried the separate profile, all the loot was leveled to the toon opening the chest, so I started it with my commando and then had a low-level toon open the chest, which resulted in level 6 gear or so.

Now, with all that said, I'm not saying that cloning the profile is causing the bug to happen, just that the bug seems to be related to cloned profiles and may have something to do with split-screen play.

Which, if I understand the loot chest glitch correctly, are both part of farming the Sanctuary loot chest.

It's not the cloned profile you have to worry about - it's the master profile - YOUR profile, in other words. That's the one that's getting corrupted when that bug occurs, and according to at least some of the posts on that thread, it seems to be related to cloning a profile.

When I tried the separate profile, all the loot was leveled to the toon opening the chest, so I started it with my commando and then had a low-level toon open the chest, which resulted in level 6 gear or so.

Now, with all that said, I'm not saying that cloning the profile is causing the bug to happen, just that the bug seems to be related to cloned profiles and may have something to do with split-screen play.

Which, if I understand the loot chest glitch correctly, are both part of farming the Sanctuary loot chest.

Fair enough. Thankfully my saves back up to the cloud, if I had any trouble I could reload.

Fair enough. Thankfully my saves back up to the cloud, if I had any trouble I could reload.

That's the problem - Borderlands auto-saves and overwrites the save. If you're manually backing up saves to the cloud and the game isn't writing saves to the cloud, then you're okay. If you're saying that Borderlands is auto-saving to the cloud, then you may still experience the bug.

IF - and this is an important consideration - the bug is in fact related to split-screen / account cloning.

Back
Top Bottom