Borderlands 2

So have you all heard abou tthe bug that wipes all you Badass Ranks, golden keys, skins, etc? Sounds like a fun bug. From what I've read, if this happens to you, power down immediately and reboot. Otherwise it will overwrite your save data and you've lost everything.

actually i called the 1-888-best-buy number and they said they couldnt do anything so i ended up filling out that survey they send to you and someone from their customer advocasy team called me back the next day and she took care of everything. it took a few days and numerous calls back and forth with the store GM and her before they sent them to me, but i got ps3 codes and just now had to send 3 different pics of my junk to them in order to change them to 360 codes, whats with best buy and the pics, its getting weird

So have you all heard abou tthe bug that wipes all you Badass Ranks, golden keys, skins, etc? Sounds like a fun bug. From what I've read, if this happens to you, power down immediately and reboot. Otherwise it will overwrite your save data and you've lost everything.

I haven't run into that yet. Only problem I run into is the Badass ranks resetting when I have a second player on the same console cloning my profile as a guest.

Here's hoping the next patch fixes this crazy bug you speak of but doesn't patch the infinity keys bug I'm exploiting from time to time.

:PokerFace:

Um... if they're having you take pics of your junk, it was probably for personal usage. Hopefully you had a decent zoom.

I haven't run into that yet. Only problem I run into is the Badass ranks resetting when I have a second player on the same console cloning my profile as a guest.

Here's hoping the next patch fixes this crazy bug you speak of but doesn't patch the infinity keys bug I'm exploiting from time to time.

:PokerFace:

How does that key dupe thing work and does it work on PS3 as well as XBOX I want to open the box but only have 1 key left

How does that key dupe thing work and does it work on PS3 as well as XBOX I want to open the box but only have 1 key left

I have a PS3, definitely works on there.

From what I can tell, you just have to have at least one key in your inventory, then have a second character log on using your same profile name (places a [1] at the end of it). Catch is, I assume the items in the chest would be level-oriented to the character who opened it. Once you open it, second player leaves the game, rinse and repeat. My friend and I do it every few levels to see about upgrades to lower level weapons. You can find some nice stuff in there (it gives all types of items including shields, relics and mods...just no customizations from what I can tell), and sell whatever you don't want for a nice price. I think I have about 225k on my character right now...yay slots!

Since there's a game destroying bug, I figured that a link or two on that might help folks.

Basically, if you start up BL2 and see the game searching for a character file instead of automatically loading your character, use the XMB or the Xbox button to quit the game IMMEDIATELY. Loading into the game and allowing it to save seems to over-write most of the useful stuff - skins, badass ranks and so on will all be gone. However, your progress in badass challenges will NOT be gone, meaning that you're pretty much hosed unless you weren't playing with them.

Here's a Joystiq article about it which includes video:

Borderlands 2 bug wipes Badass ranks, chievos, across all platforms | Joystiq

You'll note that at the end of the video, an NPC in the game says, and I quote, "We're screwed." Even the NPCs in the game recognize how totally borked this poor guy is.

Here's the Gearbox thread:

Badass rank reset to 0, skins lost, but challenge progress remains. - The Gearbox Software Forums

In a quick glance at it, it sounds like the problem stems from playing split-screen and cloning a profile, as this detailed post suggests: The Gearbox Software Forums - View Single Post - Badass rank reset to 0, skins lost, but challenge progress remains.

Likewise, it sounds like part of the problem, as I get deeper into the thread, may also be starting a co-op game and then switching to single-player. However, it seems pretty clear that split-screen cloning and co-op games are not all that's involved, because some posters report that they didn't play split screen or co-op.

This seems to be the only fix at the moment, which is the source of the comment above about immediately quitting the game using either the PS3 XMB or Xbox Guide button (turning the console off might also work):

Badass rank reset to 0, skins lost, but challenge progress remains. - Page 30 - The Gearbox Software Forums

On a completely unrelated note, I love how this forum handles links. Put a URI in a post and it seems to automatically pull data about the page or item and put it in your post instead of showing http: // whatever

Are you creating a separate profile and using it to open the chest? If so, that actually seems to be working as intended - every account created on a console that has the pre-order code activated seems to get the guns, key, etc.

If not, then that's probably gonna get patched ;)

But be careful, because the badass rank resetting is part of that bug, and it seems the bug may stem - at least on the PS3 side - from cloning a profile and the game getting confused about how / where to save.

Back
Top Bottom