Boot Sequence Troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

cylon

Baseband Member
I just installed vista ultimate 32 bit on my brothers computer. After completely reformatting all his drives and such. The install went pretty smoothly so after i'm done i restart and go back into BIOS to change the boot sequence back to boot from the harddrive first.

After i change this i get this message
Backup CMOS......OK!!!!

And it just sits there, its not freezing but seems to just not boot the harddrive.

So then i restart change the boot sequence back to CD, haddrive and i get the message:

Boot from the CD:
Press any key to boot from the CD...

i don't press any key because i want to boot up the harddrive, and vista boots fine when i boot with this sequence...........and this would normally not be a problem but......if i don't have the vista installation disk in the drive it just sits at the message:

Boot from the CD:

Kinda lengthy but thats my problem and i can't seem to find a solution on my own any insight would be greatly appreciated.

By booting from the Windows Vista DVD and using the recovery console. (Use if you cannot boot into any version of Windows to use EasyBCD)

That makes sense i'll try that thanks

Okay i did the repair and now when i change the boot so it only boots from the harddrive it gives me this message

Boot from the Cd:
DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER.

i got it working, i went into bios and reset the all the defaults, now it boots with or without the cd. praise the lord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom