Black Mesa

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sat down and went through HL2 and the Ep. 1 + 2 at a comfortable, immersive pace and finished it within 3 days

It was such an engaging experience really, I was so immersed and involved in the story unlike any other game I have ever played - in many ways, I actually liked the graphics better than in any other game.. sure the shader quality isn't as amazing, nor is the texturing, lighting etc. but something about the level art designs and maybe even the coordination of colors and ambiance really made me feel like I was immersed in an alternate reality. I really did feel like I was Gordon Freeman - and after I had finished, all I could think about for the next few days was Half-Life

(the original game, including OpFor expansion also gave me that same sort of experience)

so yeahh.. I'm really looking forward to this then!! (and episode 3.. god I need episode 3... like right now :( )

on a seperate note, I wish they just used the old voices rather than the obvious young adult nasal nerdy voice actors they used :\

I think the amazing thing about Valve is their cinematic, "movie-going" approach to games. Even L4D has got this movie feel to it (the campaign posters...haha). I know that HL2 and episodes are more like watching a movie to me than playing a game, and because of that I feel as Merk does when playing them. It's the little things that Valve gets right that make their games amazing, and I think some of the other devs just ignore this stuff and focus on the "in your face" graphics and such.

Hopefully it doesn't turn into another TeamFortress 2.
(if you just said "hey but that game is awesome!" then you don't know what i'm talking about)

Hopefully it doesn't turn into another TeamFortress 2.
(if you just said "hey but that game is awesome!" then you don't know what i'm talking about)
Apparently not, because that game is amazing. Hence the amount of awards it has won. Probably the only Valve game that doesn't fall into my cinematic category, but no matter...still amazing game.

Vid looked cool, skipped like crazy for me, though. It's about time some one remade the original Half Life, I've only completed maybe 75% of it and the graphics just kill me when I try to replay it. It looks really well done, can't wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom