black and white 2 trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

brutekiller787

Solid State Member
i don't kow if this is in the right place or not but anyway

i just got black and white 2 a few days ago. i installed it and it worked fine but the frame rate was slow. today i just got a new graphics card(3d fuzion Geforce MX 4000 128MB DDR) to try and make it run more smoothly. after i installed the card and drivers, i get a message that says, and yes this is EXACTLY how it reads, " Black && White 2 only supports graphics cards compatible with Pixel Shader version 1.1 and above. See readme.txt." what should i do about this.

ok like what kind would be good? i am on an extrememly tight budget and looking for something not needing a better power supply.

also what is the red switch near the plug on most computers. mine says 115 on one side and 230 on the other.

also what is the red switch near the plug on most computers. mine says 115 on one side and 230 on the other.
Voltage. You'd need it if you were in the UK or some place like that that uses different voltages in their outlets than like in north america and whatnot.

oooo ok well what kind of graphics card would be good for black and white 2 without having to upgrade the power supply

how big is your psu, but if you ahve to go cheap, 7600gs, 6600, 6600gt. Those are just a few.

brutekiller787 said:

Your Power Supply. What Rating is the Wattage (i.e. 250W, 300W..450W)

You can find the specs for all the component requirements on the box of the game you want to buy. Bear in mind that "Minumum Specifications" is just that. The game will run, but not well. Shoot for somewhere in the middle.

If you are usure of the techie jargon, do some research. Reading can be time consuming, but it will save you headaches in the future (present case at hand).

What kind of a budget are you on? Tell us, and we can try to help.

ok well <$100 would be good my power supply is 250watts and i need at least pixel shader 1.1 and directx 9.0 hopefully an ATI one becasue that's what it works best on(or so it says)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom