BizHub 200 Printer through router on network

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imburr

Solid State Member
I am trying to install a Konica Minolta BizHub 200 Printer on my network. As I have it now, it is connected through a USB to a client computer, and cab be accessed through printer sharing. The printer needs to be moved, however, and I am trying alternate configurations and failing. Can the printer be connected through the router on the network, or does it have to be connected to one of the client/servers?

Internet > Modem > VPN Router > 6 clients, wireless router, aireless hub, server.

I followed the installation guide and tried to assign the BizHub an IP address automatically, yet I am getting no connectivity through the router. Any suggestions?

I tried that... I think I assigned it 192.168.1.200, and then tried .115. The router just would not see it, and the light in the utility and on the box stayed dark. Is there some setting inside of a VPN router to point at a printer? Im fairly ignorant of some of the more technical router commands.

As long as you are setting it in the range of your network it should be fine.

My first guess since you cannot get an ip from dhcp or static that there may be an issue with the network card on the printer.

Is there any setting in the printer to enable network printing?

No setting that I see, and the network setting are all there in the printer config. I am not in front of it, but I believe there are 4 setting under the network portion of the config. IP address, DHCP is set to auto, then spots for gateway and subnet mask. I matched these to my network... 255.255.255.o, and the gateway I set to the router, which is 192.168.1.1. I just can not get the network to recognice that it is plugged in, even plugging it directly into the router. I suppose I could run it through the server and and have it be visible as a printer on the network. Come to think of it, that might work better, wth print jobs and spooling- though a printer of this size should be able to spool itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom