Bioshock made me wet myself....

Status
Not open for further replies.
There, nightie shots of both. And that is the absolute best shot of Metro I could find. It's the only way metro stands a chance. During the day, which is most of Crysis, Metro stands no chance. It does look closer here, but I'm really not seeing it when you're in the tunnels and stuff. Plus you have to take into account the games in motion. Metro looks way better still than it does when you're actually playing it.

Based on what I'm seeing in those shots my money is on Metro for one reason: Lighting. Crysis's shot has better texture and resolution but those lighting effects in Metro are great. Not to mention ask any artist about lighting, it's one of the hardest parts to master.

bioshock gave me a headache after about an hour playing it. It didn't make me wet myself. I could only tolerate playing it for about 1 hour each time.... or taking some exedrin and I could go about 2 hours but I can't play it anymore after then.... even with the pills.

Based on what I'm seeing in those shots my money is on Metro for one reason: Lighting. Crysis's shot has better texture and resolution but those lighting effects in Metro are great. Not to mention ask any artist about lighting, it's one of the hardest parts to master.

crysis2002010813532731a.jpg

crysis2002010813543334a.jpg

crysis2002010813565514a.jpg

crysis2002010813571081a.jpg

crysis2002010814055856a.jpg

crysis2002010814144723a.jpg

Rest your case.

Rest your case.

The light listed in those is nice but the beams are still not as good as what the Metro shot looked like.

Overhead light is what those screens are showing, and the light coming through the trees looks blurred. That is not what real light looks like, it comes in beams like you saw in the Metro shot.

I saw actual beams of light coming through in Metro... Crysis is all blurred. I think your letting the high res textures blind you of the blurred lighting effects.

The light listed in those is nice but the beams are still not as good as what the Metro shot looked like.

Overhead light is what those screens are showing, and the light coming through the trees looks blurred. That is not what real light looks like, it comes in beams like you saw in the Metro shot.

I saw actual beams of light coming through in Metro... Crysis is all blurred. I think your letting the high res textures blind you of the blurred lighting effects.

That light has windows to come through though. Look when you are just outside and there are no windows. The game starts looking like Call of Duty.
Metro2033-A.png

And here.
crysis1_02.jpg

You still think Metro is better looking? If I haven't shown you by now, there is no changing your opinion, which is fine.

You still think Metro is better looking? If I haven't shown you by now, there is no changing your opinion, which is fine.

Haha I wasn't the one you were originally trying to prove it to. But after seeing the photo realism shots, yes, that's pretty **** good.

And this is a bit off topic but could it be possible that Crysis 2's settings are actually easier on hardware than the Original?

Because I run C2 on MAX no issues, but I somehow think all that vegetation in C1 would make my machine cry.

Haha I wasn't the one you were originally trying to prove it to. But after seeing the photo realism shots, yes, that's pretty **** good.

And this is a bit off topic but could it be possible that Crysis 2's settings are actually easier on hardware than the Original?

Because I run C2 on MAX no issues, but I somehow think all that vegetation in C1 would make my machine cry.

Yep, the visual quality is lower and it is optimized better. I could max the demo perfectly smoothly. I can see some stuttering here and there in vanilla.

Still can't get over those photo realism shots.

It makes you wonder though how they got that cabin so perfect but the grass looks like Oblivion. If you look at just the cabin, then down at the grass, it's like 'Whoa, why did it just get ugly'.

Even the background vegetation looks great, but not the grass. Weird.

Okay so not really, but pretty close.

I picked this game up last week cause I was bored with Crysis 2 as my current shooter.

Decided to give it a try late at night, with the lights off, thinking it's just another FPS.

Then I notice my character is in some sort of broken down hospital; with people screaming and jumping out at you around corners. And lets not forget the little girl that's crying in the background or the insane woman screaming from down the hall and other creepy sound effects. Anything with small children crying in the distance just makes me feel icky.

I literally jumped out of my chair about three times before turning it off and saying 'This is obviously a day time game'.

As a grown man I didn't ever think a video game could make me sweat. Well grats Bioshock you proved me wrong.

Would you kindly give this game another chance?

(Clarification: If you've beaten BioShock, you will understand what I mean.)

Forgot about this thread.

Yes, we had this discussion, my PC performs alot better due to heavy OC on everything. I eat Crysis for breakfast as well as Metro both at 2048x1152 (my 23" res).

Those shots you shown are NOT real screenshots. I have the same ones and they all came out before Crysis was released. The REAL game was dumbed down alot before release because not even the fabled 8800GTX (latest and greatest at Crysis release) could handle what Cryengine 2 is capable of. I can go in the game right now with an extreme quality mod and it will look nothing to those last screens you where showing. Also, lets take a look at bodies and faces.

screenshot0399_2.jpg

500x_custom_1273426152055_heavy_rain_-_ethan_mars.jpg

I rest MY case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom