Bioshock made me wet myself....

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshuaJay

Troll Patrol
Okay so not really, but pretty close.

I picked this game up last week cause I was bored with Crysis 2 as my current shooter.

Decided to give it a try late at night, with the lights off, thinking it's just another FPS.

Then I notice my character is in some sort of broken down hospital; with people screaming and jumping out at you around corners. And lets not forget the little girl that's crying in the background or the insane woman screaming from down the hall and other creepy sound effects. Anything with small children crying in the distance just makes me feel icky.

I literally jumped out of my chair about three times before turning it off and saying 'This is obviously a day time game'.

As a grown man I didn't ever think a video game could make me sweat. Well grats Bioshock you proved me wrong.

Haha, lol'd when I read this.

I had a very similar experience the first time I played Bioshock... let me tell you, friend, if you don't ever want to lose that response; do NOT play this game in long sittings over and over again... there comes a point when you realize that every splicer is just a recolor of another, and when you've got every attack and kill down to a science.... I think they call it desensitization? Yea, that's the one. :'(

Hmmm, really? I always liked to play deadspace in the dark, but it never had any kind of effect on me. I haven't gotten very far in bioshock though because on this computer whenever I change the res, it goes into windowed mode, and I don't know how to fix it.

Hmmm, really? I always liked to play deadspace in the dark, but it never had any kind of effect on me. I haven't gotten very far in bioshock though because on this computer whenever I change the res, it goes into windowed mode, and I don't know how to fix it.

Try hitting ALT+ENTER when it forces itself to windowed mode. Should return it to full screen. It's a trick I use with Dirt 3 because there is no in game full screen option.

Hope that works for you.

I believe that I have tried that, and the resolution gets reset...

Weird.

As for Bioshock: I can deal with scary, I like scary. What I don't like... Is EERIE, that's a whole different ball game. It gives you that feeling that something is off, unsettling, ect...Small children doing eerie things will give me bad dreams haha.

My brother-in-law had nightmares about Doom 3 after playing it by himself... I creepiest game I've played was Fatal Frame II. Little pale girls creep me out...

What I don't like... Is EERIE, that's a whole different ball game. It gives you that feeling that something is off, unsettling, etc...Small children doing eerie things will give me bad dreams haha.

Speaking of eerie there is a very short mission in VtM:Bloodlines where you go to a haunted hotel with a backstory based on The Shining. I made the poor decision to play it at 3 AM in a dead silent house with only the glow of the computer monitor to comfort me. The worst part is that you keep expecting beasties to come out of the shadows and ruin your undeath but they never do!

I dare you all to try playing Amensia: Dark Descent... Scared me a bit because its not actually a "FPS" in the usual sense... It's in first person, but you don't get to kill any of the monsters in the game (lack of weapons), and you have a highly limited supply of lantern oil/matches to lighten up areas... And the longer you are in the dark, the more the screen goes wacky and you start to go insane. I guess you could put it in the survival horror genre.

There are only 2 games that kinda had me saying this was a day time game. Metro 2033 near the end (when the weird creepy things start coming around) and FEAR when the little girl comes around alot. Stalker had its moments but not all that creepy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom