Bioshock made me wet myself....

Status
Not open for further replies.
You caught me. They are not from the real Crysis. They are from the Crysiswars amazonia map mod, so the environment is indeed playable.

What is that second screenshot. I don't remember that in Crysis.

What is that second screenshot. I don't remember that in Crysis.

Looks like Heavy Rain.

The only question I have is whether that is FMV or actual gameplay... because it appears to be FMV which wouldn't count.

I think we've found that at this point either game can look better based on what screenshot you pull.

Edit: Wait, isn't Heavy Rain PS3 Exclusive? Why is it there for comparison if it's not even same platform lol

Looks like Heavy Rain.

The only question I have is whether that is FMV or actual gameplay... because it appears to be FMV which wouldn't count.

I think we've found that at this point either game can look better based on what screenshot you pull.

Edit: Wait, isn't Heavy Rain PS3 Exclusive? Why is it there for comparison if it's not even same platform lol

That is what I thought. I don't know why he would put a heavy rain screenshot in there either.

:| ****ing Google.

This is the screenshot I wanted from Metro. Guess that's what I get for not looking at my post after posting.

metro-2003-20333.jpg

Lets take a look at Crysis how you get it in the box shall we?

crysis2011031316352315h.png

Now again, who looks better? Crysis is an over rated POS really. The engine is so capable but without developers letting us have all the goodness it just makes the game a really unoptimized pile of poo.

Lets us not forget that we are talking about sunlit tropical area compared to man made lit up tunnels and alot of darkness. Can't exactly compare that lighting IMO, but what you CAN compare is texture quality and as I was saying Metro wins it hands down. You also have to make sure you don't link to a console screenshot. Which btw I still can't see the screeny you posted. It says no deeplinking please.

I've got a 'No Deeplinking please' error on the Metro screen. However I CAN see that screen up top that you say you can't see because of the same error.

This is retarded cause now I can see his, which mind you is a horrible screen shot of the game but I can't see my own. ARG!

Gonna re do it with an edit.....done

I'll admit the other screenshots of Crysis look good, but I still hold my opinion and stance on Metro. The "upgraded" screens of Crysis look way to dark to be in a tropical environment under minor brush but the really light screens have the background really blurred. Makes it look like they used a blur so they can sharpen the texture res to max on the foreground objects making the game appear to look really sharp while lowering the lighting to produce more "God rays". Strictly my opinion on it though. For a full picture in all honesty I think the first night Crysis screen looks a lot better due to the background not being blurred. On my Metro screen you can see the attention to detail on the face, clothing, beard, as well as the man made lighting which I've been told is harder to make look more realistic than sun light. I'm not a game designer so idk personally.

That's a pretty good face, but can you come up with faces like that for other characters? That seems much more high quality than most of them from what I remember.

Still like Crysis even without the mods. The water and palm trees just looks so good. Tunnel textures just don't appeal to me. And yeah, you should at least be pulling warhead screenshots as that version is nicer looking.

And yeah, you can't deny the beauty of that amazonia mod, and maybe some others.

Idk, I'm getting bored of discussing this lol. I'm done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom