BIOS upgrade

ikonix360

Daemon Poster
I have the following PC.

11.jpg

I've been wanting to ensure that I have the latest BIOS that will work with this motherboard, but I haven't found any BIOS update or even the original BIOS anywhere and I don't trust online tools I've found that claim to update drivers ETC...

Is there any legit tool that can see if there is indeed a BIOS update?

If you have an older pc/motherboard then the bios is most likely no longer supported. I have heard of getting a custom bios but that would be very risky. If there are no bios updates from the OEM then your SOL and there's not alot you can do about that, except to get a newer motherboard.

Last edited:
Not sure if there's any bios updates as I cannot seem to find info on the current bios.

That's why I was hoping for some legit program that could see if there was a bios update.

Looks like that Pillar Rock fab 2 board was manufactured around 2010? If it is 12 yrs old.... Get a New board. Your not going to find any updates on anything that ancient. It is way past time to upgrade.

I do agree with the prices of parts today, now probably is not the best time....if prices drop at all but who knows? You can start saving up now and maybe next summer those prices will come down. You should not expect much from that board for today's uses, except that and save up your pennies. You could still get a case and power suply for the time being (it will give you some incentive to get a board and CPU)

Back
Top Bottom