BF4 PC System Requirements

Accounting for the fact that I got my parts on sale (very easy to wait for, happens regularly) getting my parts on Newegg would have cost you 500 dollars. And I assume that was a similar build to the one PP built, which can run all my games on high (PS2 is turned down to medium to squeeze some extra frames out of there, but can be run on high perfectly fine).

An extra $100, and I can also use it for an infinite amount of other things than just gaming. School work, 3d graphics, game development, HD videos online, and lets face it, I get Steam, that's worth $100 on its own ;)

Accounting for the fact that I got my parts on sale (very easy to wait for, happens regularly) getting my parts on Newegg would have cost you 500 dollars. And I assume that was a similar build to the one PP built, which can run all my games on high (PS2 is turned down to medium to squeeze some extra frames out of there, but can be run on high perfectly fine).

An extra $100, and I can also use it for an infinite amount of other things than just gaming. School work, 3d graphics, game development, HD videos online, and lets face it, I get Steam, that's worth $100 on its own ;)
500 bucks for him was an i3 3220 and a 650ti Boost but we didn't use any combos or account for any rebates. Just straight up cost. If we would have used rebates and such, a better GPU was easily doable but he's like me and said **** it.

Mine was an i5 2500 and 7850, but I saved a bit of money by reusing a 500gb hard drive that I had, so if you had done that, it would probably have come a lot closer anyway.

Mine was an i5 2500 and 7850, but I saved a bit of money by reusing a 500gb hard drive that I had, so if you had done that, it would probably have come a lot closer anyway.
Yea I got him a deal for a 1TB for 20 bucks like 2 weeks later, after he bought a brand new 500GB Seagate. Would have got him a 660 instead. That's ok though, he's still really happy with his setup. He's not even fussed with performance really, just wants an SSD like the rest of us.

Yea I got him a deal for a 1TB for 20 bucks like 2 weeks later, after he bought a brand new 500GB Seagate. Would have got him a 660 instead. That's ok though, he's still really happy with his setup. He's not even fussed with performance really, just wants an SSD like the rest of us.

650ti is still alright right now, so its not like he got the bad end of a deal ;)
Although I'm sure it will be outdated after a year, with the rate the next generations are being shifted out...

I'm the opposite, I am happy waiting a while for my game/OS to load if it means I can play my game on high settings with a high FPS. Maybe I'm just patient, but usually the don't take that long to load anyway.
And I have my Nexus 7 to keep my occupied every time i have 5 seconds to spare :p

650ti is still alright right now, so its not like he got the bad end of a deal ;)
Although I'm sure it will be outdated after a year, with the rate the next generations are being shifted out...

I'm the opposite, I am happy waiting a while for my game/OS to load if it means I can play my game on high settings with a high FPS. Maybe I'm just patient, but usually the don't take that long to load anyway.
And I have my Nexus 7 to keep my occupied every time i have 5 seconds to spare :p
The 650ti Boost combo with the i3 3220 actually ran pretty much everything on high settings, but he likes to play BF3 like I do because he saw the advantage of it. He got real hooked on LoL, so even though higher graphical games may take their toll in a year or two, I don't think he'll really care since he plays LoL the most. Coming from nothing but a 360 he just appreciates what he can play and finds it was a better investment over newer consoles. All it took was letting him play on my PC for a couple of hours and showing him what I can do with it. He has both the PS4 and One pre-ordered and when he gets them he plans on reselling them for profit and using that cash in his PC. So more than likely by Christmas he will have a 760 and i5 3570k. That's his plan anyways.

An SSD greatly enhances the overall responsiveness of your PC on top of loading times. It isn't just all about raw speeds, but latency and IOPS are 10-20x faster than that of a HDD.

I know it would be useful, but to me, its like a sound card or an NIC - if I have quite a lot of money to burn on my PC, i'll get one. But for now, I'm on (or was on, I guess) a budget where I have to prioritize what is most important.

My next upgrade is peripherals. I'm using my keyboard/mouse from a 6 year old pre-built PC, and I really want an upgrade. And a headset, since I'm using the mic on my webcam.
This may be my only motivation to get a job...:annoyed:

I know it would be useful, but to me, its like a sound card or an NIC - if I have quite a lot of money to burn on my PC, i'll get one. But for now, I'm on (or was on, I guess) a budget where I have to prioritize what is most important.

My next upgrade is peripherals. I'm using my keyboard/mouse from a 6 year old pre-built PC, and I really want an upgrade. And a headset, since I'm using the mic on my webcam.
This may be my only motivation to get a job...:annoyed:
Once you have one, you'll understand why it's important and will never go back. Bout all I can tell anybody who has never owned one before.

Yea see, that stuff to me isn't important at all except for a good mouse. I've always had a good mouse because a **** one lowers productivity for me. I never really had a decent headset until last year when I bought some cheap X12s from Walmart.

Once you have one, you'll understand why it's important and will never go back. Bout all I can tell anybody who has never owned one before.

Yea see, that stuff to me isn't important at all except for a good mouse. I've always had a good mouse because a **** one lowers productivity for me. I never really had a decent headset until last year when I bought some cheap X12s from Walmart.

Yeah that's a good point, I will have to have a go on my friends PC at some point and try it out :')

I'm not after anything too flashy, just maybe a G500 or something. High DPS, not scratched to hell would be nice ;)
I've got some turtle beaches, but they are wireless, and a set of 4 batteries seems to last about an hour, which sucks so much its unreal.

Back
Top Bottom