BF3 is going to kill our PC's :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmm? Are we talking about something different? Gurusan just said it was a single gtx 580.

The game play that we've seen at pressers may well of been on a 580. This guy is a graphics coder at DICE, and during his work he was saying he uses about 12 PC's to himself (o_O) but mainly the dual 580 setup. Because he was moaning how they have been waiting for ATI and nVidia to provide something they want in there drivers yet they still havn't, or something like that. It's all extremely complicated, he talks about stuff i can't even dream to understand :)

Testing is different to gameplay demonstrations though. He'll probably be trying to push the game engine to the limit, so needs the highest spec machine possible. When you implement new graphics features for the first time you can guarantee they are in there least optimised form, hence the need for a beast system.

The gameplay trailer was run on a single GTX 580 and it looks great....they did apparently say it was not at max details though..

that trailer does look awesome, and that is after being converted by youtube. I bet uncompressed video looks even better.

AARRRGH I was hoping my 285 would hold me a little longer LOL Well my second system could use it LOL tome to price the 580 I guess LOL

AARRRGH I was hoping my 285 would hold me a little longer LOL Well my second system could use it LOL tome to price the 580 I guess LOL

Or you could be like me and go SLI if your psu can handle it. 285 on sale in Evga's bstock for $110. Pretty good deal considering that is what they go for on ebay used.

I would in a heartbeat, but that would require a new MB lol may as well put that to a new GPU and and far the MB when I rebuild from the 775 MB I currently have. Still holding it's own so it will be a while before I do the full upgrade, I'll end up putting the 285 in my second system, not worth selling for the prices there selling for.

Dauntae

Well, if you utilize that second system, then good, but if you don't, there isn't going to be a better time to sell. The card is going for on ebay what it is going for new.

And I do hope you aren't planning on wasting money on the 3gb version. As I said earlier, look to the bstock of evga. $370 1.5 gb 580.

EVGA | Products | Product List

If I go new I'll go for a 570 but those Bstock look good for the 580 looking to buy a house so can't go nuts lol but gotta have the gaming in full swing, won't have money to go out and have fun after I buy a house lol thanks for the link, I'll be watching that for good deals when I'm ready to buy.

Dauntae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom