BF3 is going to kill our PC's :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
I follow a few of the DICE developers on twitter. Someone asked how good a GTX570 would be for the game, to which the dev replied:

GTX 570 will be enough for very good detail. max is awesome, but not much bang for the buck

Uhm what ? not even maximum settings with a GTX570.. wow. I suppose there are a lot of variables, does he mean max settings and max AA ? or no AA ? at 2560x1440 or 1280x720 ?

The game does look beautiful, but this has got me a little worried. :cry:

It sounds like a company response. In the end they want to push people towards consoles, because it's easier for them to develop. If they can convince people that graphics mean less then their halfway to easy street.

It sounds like a company response. In the end they want to push people towards consoles, because it's easier for them to develop. If they can convince people that graphics mean less then their halfway to easy street.

Nah i doubt it's a company response. He answers a lot of questions about game which he is allowed to answer. He openly says he prefers the PC version and that it is the best version.. and also trash talks about the 360 dev tools. He seems like a pretty honest guy.

Maybe the system requirements will lower during the operation optimisation phase.

Any new game would kill my PC.

TF2 can't get 10 FPS on the lowest settings with shooting going on on this PC. :(
I am in desperate need of a new graphics card. >_>

The gameplay trailer was run on a single GTX 580 and it looks great....they did apparently say it was not at max details though..

The gameplay trailer was run on a single GTX 580 and it looks great....they did apparently say it was not at max details though..

Seriously, I would think they could get some sort of rig together to max it. They probably just left off a little AA or something to get people to think it can look even better.

Lol Dice wants to see the PC reign supreme and is tired of the consolitis just like people like me. So no, they don't want to push people towards the consoles. BF3 is supposed to further prove that statement from their speaker in the reviews.

Well the same guy says he does his testing on a dual GPU setup.
And you can guarantee that's dual 580's.

I need me a new GPU.

But i gotta save up for PS Vita/PSP2/NGP. And i gotta save up for iPhone4S/5(Maybe, it'd have to be 'revolutionary'). Also i gotta save up for Wii2(depending on how it looks). And i need a car :cry:

Well the same guy says he does his testing on a dual GPU setup.
And you can guarantee that's dual 580's.

hmmm? Are we talking about something different? Gurusan just said it was a single gtx 580.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom