Bf2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Preacher

Fully Optimized
Hey guys,
Ive been playing BF2 for quite a while now and i would like to ask players is it a buggy game or is it just me.
On start up of the game like in mashtuur it takes like 10secs to be steady and while in game i get these weird lags. My average ping is 70-80 on EU Servers and here are my PC Specs.

Core II Duo E6300 @ 1.9ghz
Gigabye S2
Corsair 1GB 667 Single channel 5-5-5-15
Sapphire Radeon X1900XT 512MB
Western Digital 80GB IDE 7200RPM
Seagate 80GB S-ATA 7200RPM
Lite-On DVD/CD-RW Optical Drive
Enermax Noisetaker II 420W
Samsung 960BF 4ms

I play the game on high ultra high settings with a 1280x1024 @ 70 hertz resolution. AA x6 and i do get a 60-70 fps average

Please Tech-Forums pimp my FPS!

Preacher

After you sign on the BF2 and go to the multiplayer tab, let it find servers, then click the arrow beside "Ping" twice so that it orders them from lowest (for you) to highest. Try to play on the lower ping servers.

Other than that, try lowering your settings a bit. Ultra-high is nice, but not if it screws with the gameplay.

lol - 60-70FPS in BF2 online play is pretty good man. I'm not sure why you'd want to "pimp" it anymore. I swing anywhere from 40-99FPS in BF2 all the time. It's normally in the 70-80 range. Which for most games is more then enough.

yeha i know 60-70 is good but i want to be smooth like a baby's butt but o well just noticed it today and if i do lower settings which ones to lower?

I don't own the game but I can tell you that the game its a "little" buggy no matter what type of PC you have (feel free to correct me on that one if I'm wrong). To update the game is a pain in the a$$ it takes a while.

I really don't know why a such franchise with a bunch of popularity still strong I believe because there are no choices in terms that can compare to the game, therese developers don't care at all about the game I mean look at BF2142 the game basically its just a BF2 1.5 the only difference is that is futuristic the game, but in terms of improvement to the performance of the game still is slow like BF2 in terms loading, I don't know why but those dev. don't make a effort to make the game better in my opinion.
It is sad that such a great franchise is so screw with those kinds of things I believe that when QuakeWars arrive maybe the devs at BF will star paying attention to such things on the game.

well I have been looking at BF2 for a while. But I have always been detroued because of all the problems some people have.

Also I have never played BF2 on PC, is it anything like the one on the XBOX?? becuase if so I probably wont be purchasing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom