BF2 still worth buying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max Power

Mr Beans Sidekick
I use to play the BF2 demo all the time because my PC wasnt good enough to make it worth the buy. Now that im buying a much better PC that SHOULD be able to handle it with ease is it still worth buying or does the community suck *** now and is old? I can buy the hole BF2 set for 50 bucks and is it Vista 64 bit compatible?

It is still worth buying. i would recommend getting Special Forces, but the other two expansions are basically a waste of money. They're cool, but there are not many servers that use their maps. Not that there are a lot of them for SF maps (there are a few), but SF adds additional weapon unlocks.

Go on Xfire.com, i think you'll find theres more online players on that than the latest BF2142 ;). i think its a popular game.

Absolutely worth it :)

Many people, along with me, find BF2 better than BF2142, Many more people, and in my opinion, a lot more fun ;)

bf2 is full of bugs and exploits,its old enough believe me although ppl are still playing it because of the concept.Wait for Quake wars: enemy territory,its coming in about 2-3 weeks (june 16 at my store) .Its the same concept(vehicles on a huge battlefield with control points) more elaborated and with a way better gameplay ..Id really wait for it and see before spending 50 bucks on an old buggy game made by EA,the worse company.The thing beeing a mix of BF and Wolfenstein:ET,believe me it will be a BF2 killer,thats what the community is waiting for ..

The community is still huge in comparison to how old the game is. Any time of day or night you log on you should easily be able to hook up with a great server.

Just follow Trotter, he is like the General MacArthur of BF2. :p

Ohh yea the game is definitely still worth getting for sure!! I still play it a good bit and i still haven't picked up the expansion yet but its still good no problems finding servers

ive also been thinking of getting the game, will a core 2 duo 1.8ghz, 2 gigs of ram, and a 8600 gts be able to play it max on 1024x 768, and still pretty good with good fps at 1280x1024? i dont just want to play the game i wanna play it looking pretty **** sweet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom