Bf2 Doesnt Support Widescreen!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexsabree

Fully Optimized
Omg im soooo pis__d... i got a nice $250 widescreen monitor for my comptuer, turn around and buy bf2142 to complement it and i find that DICE doesnt think that its fair to have the advantedge of widescreen, being that you "see more of the battlefield"

Now whenever i want to play bf2 or bf2142 i have to hook up my older screen... what a pain in the *#@!!

OMG! i looked online and found out that many other games dont support it either... im so, AHH!!!

I mean i payed all this money and something like this just catches me off guard. Looks like ill have to go to desperate measures... that means its time for some google, im getting my moneys worth outa this screen :angry:

Chill out dude. Most games have Wide Screen tweaks or hacks. Including BF2 & BF2:SF, i'm not sure about 2142, which i'm not getting anyway... But a buttload of games I have and play, that don't natively support widescreen, have tweaks.

Here's the BF2 tweaks for widescreen.
COPY AND PASTE THIS BELOW INTO THE TARGET OF YOUR BF2 SHORTCUT. LAUNCH BF2 FROM THIS SHORTCUT FOR WIDESCREEN

"C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +widescreen 1 +szx 1680 +szy 1050

assuming you have a 20-22" widescreen monitor.. You can adjust the resolution as you need to by simply changing the numbers.

BTW what monitor did you end up getting?

Also, if you add +restart and make it
Code:
"C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +widescreen 1 +szx 1680 +szy 1050 +restart
Then you won't have to see that stupid EA GAMES CHALLENGE EVERYTHING video. :)

i have a 19 inch widescreen 1440x900 will that work.. ill try it out

O thank god... i would have eventually found that out on google but you beat me to it.

I was just so hesitant to get a widescreen.

.... why would they do this? it doesnt seem fair, i think widescreen should become a standerd in gaming. Im just glad that MOST of my games support it. Hmph, big companies dont care about anyone except the "general" public and not the other 10% of their customers that are angry about their decisions.

"about EA/DICE saying widescreen gives players an unfair advantage"

Total and complete crock of shat. What about a player that has "2GIG of RAM, A NEW CD2 CPU and a 1900XTX, with fiber optic cable broadband." vs. "1GIG of RAM, AMD3200+ and a 6800GT, with DSL."

THAT'S A FREAKIN' DISADVANTAGE... What 130 FPS vs. 30 may-be 40?

How about when creative came out with their "X-FI" and they had a special setting, that only X-FI owners could use.

128 Voices vs. 64 Voices...
X-FI users can hear you, before you hear them... blah, blah...

If someone like Samsung or Viewsonic sponsers BF2142 or DICE or EA, you'll see wide freakin' screen support REALLY FREAKIN' FAST

O... this is the widescreen i bought at first:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...CategoryId=pcmcat81200050032&id=1149206843492
Then it turned out to stop working, so i returned it and they were out of stock... so i got this one instead.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...CategoryId=pcmcat81200050032&id=1134698030120

This is part of the reason im mad.. you see the difference right? One has a contrast ratio of 2000 and the other has a contrast ratio of 500... also one thing to note is that the LG has more features and has a 5ms response time compared to a 8ms.

This has been a horrible week. :(

HAVOC2k5 said:
"about EA/DICE saying widescreen gives players an unfair advantage"

Total and complete crock of shat. What about a player that has "2GIG of RAM, A NEW CD2 CPU and a 1900XTX, with fiber optic cable broadband." vs. "1GIG of RAM, AMD3200+ and a 6800GT, with DSL."

THAT'S A FREAKIN' DISADVANTAGE... What 130 FPS vs. 30 may-be 40?
Yeah.. thats what i was thinking, how bout the unfair advantedges of an Xfi? Or surround sound speakers?

Not everyone has a fair advantedge...

alexsabree said:

.... why would they do this? it doesnt seem fair, i think widescreen should become a standerd in gaming. Im just glad that MOST of my games support it. Hmph, big companies dont care about anyone except the "general" public and not the other 10% of their customers that are angry about their decisions.

Correction:

Big companies (IE: DICE, EA Games...) only care about MONEY! If they can please the majority of the public, they'll get more money. They DON'T CARE if they totally screw something up (as many have seen in BF2) as long as they keep the majority happy.

EA/DICE - Development Meeting:

"Ok, today we are going to discuss 2 options that we are considering putting into this game (2142). Only one of them can be used, as we just don't feel like using both. We're frankly, just too lazy."

1.) Widescreen Support - For all those players who have spent $250 - $1500 on widescreen LCD monitors.

2.) Non-malware/spyware/cookie tracking/data miners - This would actually help the players by enabling us to sell them a piece of crap game at the standard $49.99 instead of having to raise it $2 per game. Because that's what we'll make from every copy with the spyware installed.

VOTE:

SPYWARE BY UNANIMOUS DECISION

You are totally right Havoc. How can that be unfair when you can use X-FI to get an advantage in sound? Because they made a deal with Creative (especially with all those ad campaigns) and got money. EA won't make any money from widescreen support. They are just a bunch of money hores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom