Best ram for 250 bucks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
RAM Ocing is NOT easy, it is definetely the most difficult aspect of overclocking. Since you dont know how, but are willing to spend the money on some good RAM, get the OCZ Platnium Rev 2's, they are some decent sticks. Or get some Mushkin Redline or Patriot LBA's.
It is relatively simply if you do your research just as you would any other part you are overclocking. Loosen timings, increase vdimm, stability test. Once you know what the timings do, it's simple.

You've thrown some TCC5s, BH-5s, and "LBAs" which I assume you mean XBLS which are TCCD into the mix. All are different and especially with BH-5s you need a lot of vdimm and actiive cooling to use those suckers

gaara said:
It is relatively simply if you do your research just as you would any other part you are overclocking. Loosen timings, increase vdimm, stability test. Once you know what the timings do, it's simple.

Once you know what everything does, it is simple. But until then, it is not. You also need, at least I do, to do some actual messing with some timings to get the hang of it, which I have not done. I've only read about timings, so it's still theory for me, so I couldnt really tell you about timings. Once you know what everything is, it is simple, but until than, it is a relatively intimidating thing to learn for someone who dosent know it yet.

gaara said:
and "LBAs" which I assume you mean XBLS

Yes, that is what I meant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom