Best Notebook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinkpads cant match toshiba toughbooks, period.

Personally I hate IBM laptops, overpriced, low peformance, heavy, clunky.

T22's are also vastly overpowered, and it's like the newer t41's or something which are having major heat problems with harddrievs. Average hard drive life was 6 months at my dad's company

Umm IMB laptops have good performance. Their prices are in par with their competitors. And finally, IMB has awesome offerings in the thin and light range, which is 3.5-5.5 pounds. I wouldn't call that heavy and clunky. Get your facts straight.

Ya just to point out, t41s are quite old. Over a year now I think.Also, how can you complain about IBM's price when toshiba charges 2500 for the 3.3 toughbook?

T22 4me said:
You obviously Dont know anythimg about Thinkpads "Fading Theory"..................Thinkpads are made of a Titanium Composite alloy that is still not matched in the industry for Durability by no manufacturer....................If you are going to talk down something talk about something you know about..........I have bought 5 of these thinkpads for myself,friends and family.I drag them back and forth to work(I work in a machine shope which is a harsh environment for any computer)bounce them around in my 4x4(while running)I know how they are built................Get your facts straight junior;this is not a peeing contest we are here to give legit options.IBM is just one........................;)

mmm.... flame. I love the taste of it.

Exactly what part is made of titanium my friend? Really, what part, I'd like to know.

A man told me his IBM was a piece of plastic crap. He went to school for computers. I'll believe him before I believe an online persona (Hmm.... how DO you spell that?). Why am I catching crap when I'm merely inserting facts, just like anyone else.

I told him of an experience I've heard from a credible source. And quite frankly, I wouldnt beleive anyone who admittedly did all that to a laptop.

Really, learn how to post helpfully and without being royal jerk. Your post should have started off start with "I disagree with" (Name... mine) "Because" (Experience, in this case, all the IBM's you've worked with).

No, time to search the IBM site, because I doubt I'll get any direct facts from you on this titanium thing.

EDIT: And IBMs are heavily over priced.

From IBM Site:

11[.] Titanium Composite Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastic has three times the strength of ABS plastic as tested by IBM using the high flex modulus test on 2/28/00.

Composite is far different from alloy my friend. Composite alloy, as you've called this, could have been Titanium alloyed with another metal, probably aluminium. What you have here is Titanium, Carbon, and other materials mixed together to be stronger then plastic. I'd like to see how this stacks up to a 16th or 8th inch of steel.

Its tougher then plastic, not metal reinforcements.

EDIT AGAIN: Disregard above edit about alloy, much better explaination below. MUCH better.

http://www.notebookreview.com/defau...ention that the palm rest had a plastic feel.

Some of these 2G IBM laptops are coming with 256 meg of standard ram, like their T4X series or something.

IBM

http://www-131.ibm.com/webapp/wcs/s...alCurrId=73&catalogId=-840&partNumber=1834E2U

Toshiba

http://www.toshibadirect.com/td/b2c/cmod.to?seg=HHO&coid=-28721&sel=0&rcid=-26367&ccid=1291021

YOu tell me what over priced...

Toshiba has a 1.3 Pentium M, while the IBM has a 1.5 Celeron M.
Toshiba has a 40 GB drive, compare to the IBMs 30.
The TOshiba has 256 MB of RAM... while the IBM has 128 MB.
Toshiba, CD-R/RW. IBM.... CD-ROM.

Are you getting the picture?

Prices are similiar. Yes, the Toshiba is 700 after rebate, but its close enough.

And I'm using the middle toshiba, not the left or right.

Excuse me ....Titanium carbon composite cover as to toughbooks carbon fiber alloy(fiberglass).Give me a break....................Im talking firsthand experience Junior.If you want compare; dont use IBMs lowend model.Try the T series .T43 is the newest.

Laptops are for portability;not playing games.But I dont "Baby"my laptop;thats why I buy IBM.As do a lot of other grownups.

As I said before;Thinkpads are a legit choice;not, the only choice.

Toughbook is probably a good choice too long as the Trolls dont come with it................:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom