Best device to capture video?

Status
Not open for further replies.

A1111

Baseband Member
I heard the "HD PVR" from Hauppauge is the absolute best to record video from pretty much anything.

The problem is that it's $200. Is there anything else that can record video in excellent quality without taking alot of pc power, or being so expensive?

I have looked at this as well. I was wanting one that I could run with hdmi but from what I saw they are not out there?

I have looked at this as well. I was wanting one that I could run with hdmi but from what I saw they are not out there?

HDCP prevents the use of HMDI to capture video. One of the security features to make sure you aren't pirating copyrighted materials.

As for the original question, I'm afraid the Hauppauge is about the best solution out there. Most other devices don't feature a pass through option so you cant view the feed on your original TV display while it is recording on the PC.

I use an HD PVR to capture with. The results are very good for uploading to YouTube. There is a product called the intensity pro made by black magic. It can receive HDMI signals, which the HD PVR cannot. It isn't quite as portable as a PVR, as the intensity pro needs to go into a slot in your PC. From seeing results on YouTube, the quality seems to be equal to the HD PVR. Blackmagic Design you can have a look around their site, you may find other products of interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom