Best anti-virus software for its bucks???

Don't like Ad-Aware personally....Years ago I used to to Ad-Aware and purchased a "Life Time License" but that "life time license" only lasted until they came out with another version so I think I got screw'd on that. I can no longer trust LavaSoft and I will never recommend them to anybody

I haven't used Ad-Aware in like... 6 years or so lol. Used to use it along with SpyBot.. now I just use: Initial manual removal of files (if necessary) -> MBAM Quick Scan -> ComboFix -> HJT -> TDSSKiller and/or Panda Anti-Rootkit -> MBAM Full scan ->AV scan.

This thread was much bigger than I thought it was. So if I said anything that's been said, my bad.

I use Avast because I'm used to it, not necessarily because it's the best. Although while working on customer PCs it hasn't failed in detecting what the issue is and I can remove it. I don't have any issues with free **** or extra bloatware because I always do custom install with ANY free program.

As for getting a virus with any AV, that's your own fault. No AV is 100% perfect. Not a single one. IMO if you need an AV that bad then you need to be a bit more strict on your browsing and downloading habits. I've gone 8 years now without a single virus and I don't run any AV on my main rig. Every 6 months I will install and do a scan on my drives but I'm always clean. Use a combination of Adblock and common sense and you'll stay clean.

I haven't used Ad-Aware in like... 6 years or so lol. Used to use it along with SpyBot.. now I just use: Initial manual removal of files (if necessary) -> MBAM Quick Scan -> ComboFix -> HJT -> TDSSKiller and/or Panda Anti-Rootkit -> MBAM Full scan ->AV scan.

It was around 2000/2001 when I first used AdAware, it was the only thing at that time that took out what was malicious spyware/adware... ie: Gator and Bonzi Buddy amongst others. Back then AdAware was not an antivirus, it was a lot like Malwarebytes and was very popular at that time. They reneged on there life time thing and that did **** off a lot of folks and then their scan engine wasn't updating enough to keep up with the spyware, Adware stuff so it lost popularity just as fast as it gained it

Back
Top Bottom