Best anti-virus software for its bucks???

weezie_view

Solid State Member
Hi, im currently building a new system and fairly new to building and softwares... I will be running windows 7 professional 64 bit on my system... what are the best antivirus programs for its bucks?? Now I know there are some free softwares out there but they have limitations... I need something that can prepare me for any kind of viruses that can come through... let me know ur opinions... thanks

Free versions are just as good, and usually are, better than paid counterparts.

Avira, Avast, or Bitdefender Free are ones I would recommend.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using TechForums

Free versions are just as good, and usually are, better than paid counterparts.

Avira, Avast, or Bitdefender Free are ones I would recommend.

Yea free ones are good but not great... I've had bad experience with free antivirus before... I used to run a free avg antivirus on my laptop and it still got a virus... and everytime I run avg, it doesnt even recognized that there was a virus... so im hoping thats something the full version can correct...

Yea free ones are good but not great... I've had bad experience with free antivirus before... I used to run a free avg antivirus on my laptop and it still got a virus... and everytime I run avg, it doesnt even recognized that there was a virus... so im hoping thats something the full version can correct...

Sorry but no.

I've been running free AV for 5+ years now and have yet to get an infection. You need to be more careful and supplement any AV (free or paid) with a scanner such as MBAM.

http://www.av-comparatives.org/

The free ones scored better or just as good as the paid ones. That is a non biased review site.

The only one I would pay for is ESET Nod32.

Avast free and Malwarebits are what I use and only once did I get a virus in the 5 years of so that I have been using them... and that was due to my negligence, not the programs..

AVG goads you to purchase every time I see it on a pc, and insists on installing a toolbar
Some are limited, that won't auto-scan at a scheduled time (Scan schedule disabled in free versions)
Some have more limitations than others but there are a few that are free and do not have limitations, I'd like to know which one's do not have any type of a limitation on their free versions (excluding MSE)

Although Malwarebytes is not an anti-virus it's still a very good anti-malware program, and it's free version is limited too. I don't think there's anything wrong with using the free limited versions, In fact...I think it's a great trade-off. You just get more options when you buy it

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom