belkin router's problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

piano0011

Baseband Member
Hello! Sorry about not posting a new thread earlier because I am new here. Anway, I tried using a pin to reset the belkin but are the lights meant to reboot? because it was still blinking and no matter what I used the lights were still on. I also couldn't access my belkin default gateway now but I was able to before.

just an update, when I tried resetting the belkin again, the ip address was back to normal and I could gain access to the belkin's router gateway. but my internet stopped working! So I pull out the power cable for my modem and reset it. This got my internet back online but I lost my belkin's setting. When I did a ipconfig on my other pc, not the host one, it says the media is disconnected but the card has already been installed. Any ideas? thanks!

Sounds like that router is on the fritz. Do you see the link light blinking on the port number on the router for that cable you have plugged in to that PC that is the problem? Laptop? Wired or Wireless? Just a brief run down of your home network.

yup.. the lights are working perfectly! but my router is not communicating! I have the message saying media disconnected on my clien'ts pc. It also says that I have to assign an ip address but I do have DHCP running on both PC. Is this ok? It is wireless by the way. The belkin guy told me to reset my belkin which I did and it seems to work but the only problem was I couldn't access the internet, don't know why! My IP address changed back to 192.168.xxx but before the reset, it was weird! it was something like 220.100.xxx....

Has anyone have this problem with belkin before? please help... thanks!

oh by the way, when I go to 1) start 2) my computer 3) right click on properties 4) hardware 5) network setting 6) fast ethernet adapt 7) properties 8) advanced 9) under network address, the value is 0. Should this be set to 12?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom