been playing Crysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
That works too, either way will accomplishes the same thing.
Though by enabling devmode it allows console entries of cheats and other config changes, I think r_displayinfo 1 just enables the upper right information display..

That works too, either way will accomplishes the same thing.
Though by enabling devmode it allows console entries of cheats and other config changes, I think r_displayinfo 1 just enables the upper right information display..

Yep devmode lets you change the configs on the fly.

Something is not right. Here lately when I am playing, it will constantly freeze for a few seconds. I even tried it on the lowest resolution, 800x600 and it still does the same thing. All the settings are on high with AA turned off. What is going on?

Also something else that is not right. When I installed the game, it does not create any shortcuts on the desktop, didn't ask me to either. When I drag the shortcut to the desktop, I can't load the game from the shortcut, I have to go back to the folder. I can't even load it from the games folder. I already reinstalled the game and didn't change it. Are there any patches out for this game?

About the devmode thing, where do you add it to? When I go to properties, the only box I can type in says Crysis.

Target Location: "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis\Bin32\Crysis.exe"

Then you change it to:

"C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis\Bin32\Crysis.exe" -DEVMODE

I do not see anything that says target location. The only place I can type in says Crysis. I see where it says the location of the file but I can not change that. Nevermind, instead of dragging the icon from the folder to the dekstop, I right clicked on it and chose to create a shortcut.

About the horrible game play, do you think it is because I don't have any patches installed? I have played several levels before this started happening. I am installing patch 1.2 right now. Hopefully that will fix it.

Something is still not right. I put all the settings on low and it still constantly freezes. To me, it acts like the cpu is bogging down. I guess the next thing I will try is either repairing it or reinstalling it. I hate having to reinstall it again.

Okay still having problems. I am currently have my cpu clocked at 3.2ghz and the game is still constantly freezing on me. The first time I played it since I overclocked, it crashed and goes to a black screen and doesn't do anything. I had to restart manually. When I am able to play, I am getting around 40 to 50fps with everything on high. I have patch 1.2 installed.

My temps are fine. I ran OCCT for an hour and the highest it got was 61. So I don't thinks temps are the problem. Do you think it could be a bad disc? I bought the game brand new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom