• Altec Lansing 120i 2.0
• Acer AL1716B
• Kingston 1gb DDR ram
• Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 80GB
• Asus A8N VM Socket 939 nF4 mATX
• BenQ M106-BE
• Logitech (967453-0403) Office Pro Black Keyboard
Am i missing anything?????

new price now $956, lol, need to get it lower.

For your needs, go for a Sempron 64 2800+ and a socket 754 motherboard. That will save some money. Also I don't think you need 1GB of ram 512MB would be good enough.

Make sure you include a copy of Windows XP Home in your order and some Arctic Silver 5 too.

I would keep everything as it is. RAM and 3000+s are super cheap that if he downgraded to what Tyr said, there wouldn't be a significant change in cost. It would turn out to be $100 difference at most, which I don't think is worth it.

Yes, make sure to include WinXP.

Personally, I wouldn't worry about AS5. 3000+ Venices run quite cool with stock paste anyways.

Well he said he needed to get the price lower so I was telling him how to do that. True downgrading to a 3000+ and 512MB of ram wouldn't save a whole lot but if you don't have the money you don't have the money. but if he can manage to get the money I agree socket 939 is the way to go.

Ah yes, I skimmed over that.

Perhaps a CRT instead of an LCD. That would save you about $100 or so. I would sacrifice an LCD over RAM and CPU anyday.

arctic silver 5?

i no i told her crt is better for her, but she wants LCD. lol
I think ill stick with the 1 gig ram, since it wont make much difference, and she'll probably need it, she multi-tasks on the computer like crazy.

Arctic Silver 5 is a thermal compound used to help transfer heat from the CPU to the Heatsink. When you buy a retail CPU, it's heatsink already comes with a pad of thermal paste on it, just not AS5. AS5 is acknowledged as the best available thermal paste.

I'm not really sure how to bring that price down any lower without sacrificing the 3000 for a sempron and having to get a skt754, though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom