Audio hardware acceleration?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AntonOle

In Runtime
Hi guys

Since i biuilt my new pc i have had strange audio problems.Nothing too serious but it bothers me.

If i am listening to a song and then stop it, it seems that my speakers remember the last millisecond of the song and play it before anything else plays through the speakers. Or lets say im watching a movie and then i close it, and i open a song, there is a millisecond of the previous thing i was listening to play before the current one starts.

Im quite sure this is a hardware acceleration thing? I noticed my settings are at full acceleration in the sounds tab in control panel.

I also noticed that while my speaker setup is 2.1 (2 speakers,1 sub) the speaker setting is set at 7.1 and even if i change it it doesnt stay.When it open the tab again its back at 7.1

Is there something i can do about these problems?

Also will stopping the hardware acceleration stop my problem without causing others? I dont mind if the 7.1 thing stays but id like the speaker issue fixed. i just hope disabling hardware acceleration doesnt affect my game playing and movie watching experience

By the way my mobo seems to be 5.1 or 7.1 compatible since there is alot of colorfull holes for the plugs at the back

Thanks

Well being a programmer it actually sounds like you have a memory leak inside the software running your audio controller. Very funny problem. First two ways to attempt to fix it would be to install both a new BIOS version for you motherboard and install the newest sound drivers for Windows. If you already have the newest drivers reinstall them anyway.

i have tried uninstalling and re-installing the audio drivers but the problem is still there

Dont know much about bios and updating, would that surely fix this prob?

Nothing ever surely fixes a problem with computers :). Far to complex to know without a doubt. Everything is based on trial and error.

Hmmm it could be a possibility then. The controller on that system has a memory chip built in.

To test if it is play a movie on your computer like usual. Then leave you computer on but turn off and unplug your speakers for 10 minutes. Then plug them in again and play a song and see if the sound is still there.

Baez i updated both audio driver and bios but the problem is still there

So what i should do is

1.Start playing a movie.
2.Turn off speakers (Power button and unplug?)
3.Stop playing the movie.
4.Start speakers again
5.Play something else

? Should i press the power button or unplug them for the power?

Unplug them from the power. However you usually do it when the sound gets stuck do it that way. Only difference is you leave the speakers unplugged for 10 minutes. This drains the power from them and erases any volatile memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom