apple gets rid of mini

Status
Not open for further replies.
gimli of gloin said:
any1 have an ipod mini.. they always seen to *$%# up in australia. like the battery stops working and the heaphones break...any1 heard any of that?

omg u just mentioned 2 of my 4 replacement minis congrats:D lol yea and im serious too ended selling it after i got it replaced so it go for more cause it was in the wrapping.

nano runs of flash memory???? awwww thats bogus i lost all interest in it now.

NewCents05 said:
nano runs of flash memory???? awwww thats bogus i lost all interest in it now.

Why? Flash memory means it could be fit into a package that ridiculously thin, maintain about the same battery life of the main iPod line with a much smaller battery, become completely skip free, and less likely to be destroyed if dropped, not to mention probably a longer drive life. Jogging with flash strapped to your arm is much less wearing to the DAP than jogging with a hard drive strapped to your arm. What's bogus about that?

lol well i thought it would cooler if a hd was that thin and small cause i know flash is that small

The more important news is not that it's small, it's that it's this cheap. Price has always been a prohibitive factor of flash memory's potential, and it's big news if this is going away.

yea but those are sd cards which for 4 gigs will run near 400 bucks so nano is a little just a little cheaper lol

The iPod Nano is not just the memory though, it's also a complete iPod ;). Components ASIDE from the memory that must be accounted for include battery, clickwheel touch components, the body, color display, processor, amplifier, and others, not to mention Apple's profit margin.

This means the memory must be significantly cheaper than what the Nano's cost actually is.

Considering all the memory has to do is hold music, it probably wasn't necessary to use high grade memory. Then again, I could be wrong.

Apple picked a good time for release though... I have a feeling there will be a bunch of christmas stockings with Nano's in them this year ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom