Anyone have this problem with Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domestic

In Runtime
This isn't a major deal but I thought one of you may know the reason for this. Ever since I have been using windows 7 Beta/Retail I have noticed something with cod4 1.7. About 8 seconds after joining a multiplayer map the screen will flash back for about a half second and then return to normal no problem. I was wondering if anyone else gets this problem and if there is a fix for it?
Like I said its not a major issue but frustrating if you happen to be shot at early in the game. The bizzare thing is it only happens one time per start up of Cod4. For example if I leave the game an exit to the main menu I won't experience this problem next time. If I shutdown the application completely and then run cod4 again I will get the problem.

Thanks

This isn't a major deal but I thought one of you may know the reason for this. Ever since I have been using windows 7 Beta/Retail I have noticed something with cod4 1.7. About 8 seconds after joining a multiplayer map the screen will flash back for about a half second and then return to normal no problem. I was wondering if anyone else gets this problem and if there is a fix for it?
Like I said its not a major issue but frustrating if you happen to be shot at early in the game. The bizzare thing is it only happens one time per start up of Cod4. For example if I leave the game an exit to the main menu I won't experience this problem next time. If I shutdown the application completely and then run cod4 again I will get the problem.

Thanks

Can't say I've had that exact problem, but COD4 was one of the reasons I loaded dual OS on my PC. It did act funny with certain things in Vista... I'm sure Windows 7 still has some kinks that need ironed out as well.

If feasible I'd recommend a dual boot with XP and 7. I did and it made all the difference.

Can't say I've had that exact problem, but COD4 was one of the reasons I loaded dual OS on my PC. It did act funny with certain things in Vista... I'm sure Windows 7 still has some kinks that need ironed out as well.

If feasible I'd recommend a dual boot with XP and 7. I did and it made all the difference.
Yeah I would probably do this but I don't have a copy of 64 bit XP on me at the moment. I should get around to doing it though. I guess it is just a minor problem I will have to deal with given Win7 is still in its infancy.

Well I would recommend a couple reinstalls. Reinstall and if it does it reinstall again just to make sure it isn't that. It does not do this to me in windows 7 at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom