America ever getting solid MEGAbyte speeds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No this country won't get decent speeds for decades or centuries (if not millennia). I'm trying to load a youtube video or two (@ 30 minutes each) and I get speeds of 100 KB yet i'm on a 360 KB connection. Last week I could at lest get CLOSER to normal speeds. . . . . . . . .

Most people in the country already have decent speeds. As it was already stated it depends on where you live.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1924524377.png

Not bad for this time of day for my connection. Not to mention the fact that I only pay for a 4Mb connection to get those types of speeds. Your connection is all dependent on your ISP, your connection to the ISP if it is shared with the people around you and how far you are from the nearest hub they have.

Plenty of us have already shown our results that we get more than sufficient speeds. Well beyond what you were asking if this country will ever support. Being part of the USA, I can say that it is not the country that is the problem but your area.

Plenty of us have already shown our results that we get more than sufficient speeds. Well beyond what you were asking if this country will ever support. Being part of the USA, I can say that it is not the country that is the problem but your area.

That's part of the problem IMHO.
It seems like they have these terrorital agreements or something. Like one provider would not go into another provider's area. I was told by Verzion CSR that my neighborhood belongs to Comcast and I'd never (in the forseeable future) see FIOS in my neighborhood.
View attachment 5246

Attachments

• baby_by_ninefan.jpg
    baby_by_ninefan.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 25
@dbzlotrfan I would suggest that you move to EU, we have fast and as far as I know cheap internet (100 Mbps/10 Mbps 27€ ~ 35$ on optical network) and it has to work that fast at any time of the day.

But the downside of living in EU is that the gasoline prices are absolutley outrageus (around 7.4 $ per gallon).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom