AMD Processor vs Intel Processor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snake-Eyes said:
quick off-topic question, how are benchmarks rated, the higher the number, the better the system?

usually. it depends on what type of bench. HDD access time you want less time, and you want less time to render a picture and all of that. but they usually just make it into "points" and the higher the better. bandwidth you wnt more of...it just depends on what type of bench.

I am not into gaming, and I will not be photo/video editing much, if at all. I do a lot of multitasking. I looked in to the P4 with HT, but it is soimply not portable enough for me. Would an amd athlon 64 or a pentium m suit me better?

a athlon 64-m is the fastest cpu found in laptops at the moment, but you only find them in desktop replacement notebooks.

Awsome!!

Dude, that computer will run Doom 3 on high graphics. I have an Abit mobo w/ a sock. 939 @ 2.2 GHz, a 256 MB 5700 LE nVidia graphics card, 1 gig RAM, 240 gig HD (7200 RPM) simple CD Burner and mine will run doom 3 on the 2nd to best quality graphics w/o lag, and run anyother game on highest graphics w/o lag, including Halo 2, UT2K4, Rise of Nations, Ghost Recon, Duh, and well, really any other game, that graphics card is awsome too, tell us the price quote he gave you?

intel with hp

some one said that the intel chip is shipped with dell and hp and compaq, is this on all comps or were u just making a general statement, cuz we just got an hp with an AMD XP 3000+ , but the dell we got did have the intel in it.
just got the dell today but i'm not allowed to run games on any computer so can't tell you which one is better

Re: Awsome!!

bigdawgjts2663 said:
Dude, that computer will run Doom 3 on high graphics. I have an Abit mobo w/ a sock. 939 @ 2.2 GHz, a 256 MB 5700 LE nVidia graphics card, 1 gig RAM, 240 gig HD (7200 RPM) simple CD Burner and mine will run doom 3 on the 2nd to best quality graphics w/o lag, and run anyother game on highest graphics w/o lag, including Halo 2, UT2K4, Rise of Nations, Ghost Recon, Duh, and well, really any other game, that graphics card is awsome too, tell us the price quote he gave you?

Can you run FarCry on highest video settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom