AMD announces socket AM3 Phenom II processors

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really liking the look of the X3 720 myself...It performs really well, and being a BE, too...in benchmarks, I've actually seen it work better than the 810, even at stock...that confused me a little.

I wonder what the actual price will be on newegg, I may consider grabbing it instead of the 7750.

I'm really liking the look of the X3 720 myself...It performs really well, and being a BE, too...in benchmarks, I've actually seen it work better than the 810, even at stock...that confused me a little.
The X3 720 runs 200MHZ higher. So if a program isn't utilising four cores, the X3 should be a bit faster.

I wonder what the actual price will be on newegg, I may consider grabbing it instead of the 7750.
yes, that's what I'd do.
the 7750 I think is still a 65nm K10 with Agena's design. The X3 700 and X4 800 and 900 series are all 45nm K10.5 chips.

I'd love to grab one of the new Phenoms, but it all depends on my budget, especially since the 7750 dropped to 70 bucks. But we'll see when I get the money.

love the color's /layout on the msi board

also like gigabytes colors/layout somewhat.

im going to pass on asus this time around lol.

I Like the MSI's looks as well... funny thing is I didn't even see the PCI-e x1 or the normal PCI slots at first and I was thinking... "WTF"

I'd love to grab one of the new Phenoms, but it all depends on my budget, especially since the 7750 dropped to 70 bucks. But we'll see when I get the money.

Considering the X3 720 is faster clock for clock then the 7750+ and will over clock to about 3.7ghz+ while the 7750 can not. Even in benchmarks the X3 720 competes with the E8400, while the 7750+ falls quite a bit behind.

Maybe AMD is releasing it at $145, but soon enough it will drop down to about $120 or so.

Considering the X3 720 is faster clock for clock then the 7750+ and will over clock to about 3.7ghz+ while the 7750 can not. Even in benchmarks the X3 720 competes with the E8400, while the 7750+ falls quite a bit behind.

Maybe AMD is releasing it at $145, but soon enough it will drop down to about $120 or so.

I like how most of the time, the X3 will beat the more expensive 920 and 940 PII's in most benchmarks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom