All In One Folding App

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think you guys understood the full problem I had with that program.
With the problem I had stated, and when the tempature had hit 50c it had kep climbing and the **** program had locked itself up.
I make no lie about this, but my artic freezer pro heatsink fan was on full blast trying to cool down the phenom ii even the new system case 120mm had a problem cooling it down.
Somebody tell me exactly why this all in one is not downloading the oficial smp 6.30 but is downloading F@H.exe sits there 6 hours straight and task manager says so itself the cpu is engaged at 100% but the client is not doing any work ?
I waited 12 hours and turned on the computer again, I went into safe mode and cloned the hdd and tested the program to make sure it was spikng up the gpu and cpu with correct settings and all, sure enough it was.
I got rid of the program and used the normal clients yesterday morning at 3am and the cpu temp is staying below 30c under 60 load of both F@H clients.

I know you guys love this thing to death right now, but me and the old folding standards will stay true until standford comes out with something valid, official, and tested by many resources.

I don't think you guys understood the full problem I had with that program.
With the problem I had stated, and when the tempature had hit 50c it had kep climbing and the **** program had locked itself up.
I make no lie about this, but my artic freezer pro heatsink fan was on full blast trying to cool down the phenom ii even the new system case 120mm had a problem cooling it down.
Somebody tell me exactly why this all in one is not downloading the oficial smp 6.30 but is downloading F@H.exe sits there 6 hours straight and task manager says so itself the cpu is engaged at 100% but the client is not doing any work ?
I waited 12 hours and turned on the computer again, I went into safe mode and cloned the hdd and tested the program to make sure it was spikng up the gpu and cpu with correct settings and all, sure enough it was.
I got rid of the program and used the normal clients yesterday morning at 3am and the cpu temp is staying below 30c under 60 load of both F@H clients.

I know you guys love this thing to death right now, but me and the old folding standards will stay true until standford comes out with something valid, official, and tested by many resources.

This is what it should look like when its all setup right. From what it sounds like, i agree with Abstract and thats also why i said it might not have been setup properly or something. Everything is literally supposed to be automatic. Now one thing i thought of is, if you have any anti-virus programs the firewall feature might have affected download of a core or something. On the temp thing, you only need to worry when temps get over 75c. If the program freezes it shouldnt have been because of high temps.

fahapp.jpg

Link due to lame resizer
http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/9574/fahapp.jpg

Edit: Currently testing i5 quad folding at 3.6. With load line calibration on i froze so i turned it off to see if that is. Insta freeze is from my mobo SO the CPU could have been fine this whole time. No telling but im going through some major trouble shooting to find out.

Hey, should I use the GPU3 one or the GPU2 one?

Edit: Also, does TF have a passkey so that we can get SMP bonus points?

If youre using your 260, run the gpu2. Its less likely to have issues. GPU3 is mainly for fermis based cards and they get a new core developed to run on them.. Though ati 5 cards are recognized without any flags.

The passkey is for only you. Its tied to your email address. You just signup for it and its immediately emailed.

Folding@home - FAQ-passkey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom