All browsers won't respond

TypingKeyboard

Beta member
Both Edge and Chrome on my HP laptop w/ Windows 10 will boot up after shut down. But once I try anything at all they won't respond and sometimes refuse to close. I'm about done with PC. I can't even open the Run app to execute a few lines of code I found online.
A week ago I was able to enter the code and it seemed great. This afternoon -- total crap. It seems to only occur at home. I have an Ethernet cord in but still no success

What "code" are you talking about that you enter that you found online?

Are you loading any particular sites that freeze up in both browsers? Is it every site you try?

What else is the computer like? Slow? Possibly there are too many startup items causing it to run like a pig, and trying to run a browser is just something your memory can't handle. Or possibly your hard drive is too full, if you're right on the edge of it's limit then the computer can basically shut down. Windows Key (the windows button between the bottom left ctrl and alt) + R, type msconfig, and go have a look at both services (tick hide microsoft services) and start up items, you can safely disable any you recognise (perhaps skype, onedrive, who knows what else you might have)

Back
Top Bottom