Aliens Spotted By Hubble

Status
Not open for further replies.
^hands down we are not the only life out there, but the chances of it being as intelligent as us, and being capable of space travel, and stumbling across our system among an infinite amount, is extremely unlikely.

Unlikely yes. Where there is 1, there are 2. Where there are 2, there are many. In all likelihood life can be found throughout the universe is various stages and intelligence. It's foolish arrogance to think we are the most advanced life forms in the galaxy. It is not likely that many life forms have developed intelligence as advanced as our own.

actually, it is very unlikely what so ever that life exists with the brain capabilities as humans, there are so many things to consider, but since the universe is vast, there is still in my mind, a countless number of life forms that have evolved to be intelligent,

If the universe is as big as we think it is, how is it unlikely?

We may be the most unintelligent, or we may be the most advanced.

Yea, I seriously doubt we are the only life forms in the universe :| And I also think they go about looking for other's wrong :| every time you hear NASA or anyone talk about it..it's finding "earth like planets " Don't they stop to think that maybe the other life forms aren't carbon based like us? Stop looking for "earth like planets" and think about how there could be life forms out there that are like iron , sodium, etc based.

I'm sure if there are other life forms out there..they either aren't extremely advanced or they already know of our existence and want to ignore us...or they would of already came here lol

If the universe really is infinite, as it is expanding at the speed of light, then its highly improbable that we are the only things out there.

It's the FTL flash of a returning cylon basestar... please if you didn't see that coming you don't know me at all :p

But to be serious for a moment, to me it looks more like a gas blast from a comet in direct sunlight and it happens to have a statistically improbable X pattern at least from our viewing angle. I am wondering though where it came from.

And yes there is other life out there, intelligent or otherwise it's out there but I doubt it has been to earth. Nasa bang's on about Earth like planets so much as that is the type of planet that we have the most experience with and the type of lifeforms that exist on such worlds while we can can hypothosie about life different from our own we have as yet not got a frame of reference to say what is life on that world etc. It's a start with what you know and work your way up from there, example - You have to be able to work out 2+2 before you can grasp E=Mc2 and you can only get to that from working from the ground up.

On the discovery channel I saw two fantastic shows I think one was called Darwin's World - a hypothetical unmanned mission to a earth like planet that supports life close but also very different to that on earth and another discussing the matter of non earth like lifeforms intelligent life that lives on mercury like planets or floating gas bags that live in planets like Jupiter both where very interesting.

You have to be able to work out 2+2 before you can grasp E=Mc2 and you can only get to that from working from the ground up.

its E=Mc^2....but i agree, we have no idea if life can even exist in a different way then it does on earth. That why we look for earth like planets, because we believe water is essential to life, and liquid water can only be found on planets in the 'Goldy lox Zone'. Oxygen, nitrogen, C02 etc.

^^^ that's what I'm getting at. Water might be good for us...but to some iron based lifeform water might be poison and they might breath helium instead of oxygen :\

but back on topic : I don't understand how any collision could leave an X pattern...especially one that seems to leave an X pattern trail ...I guess there is that really small chance of it happening..and that might of been what happened

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom