air soft guns

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I decided to invest in an air soft gun to keep my buddy under control when he gets obnoxious while drinking, so I figured maybe you guys can help.

Errmm WTF?!?!? How much does he drink? He must get wasstedddd

Errmm WTF?!?!? How much does he drink? He must get wasstedddd

Nah, he doesn't drink anything obscene. He's just one of those guys that seems to get an insane ego boost when he's had a few drinks. Ya know, has to be mr macho tough guy, knows the answer to any question, and sometimes just plain **** annoying. Hence, the reasoning behind the airsoft purchase. :)

you don't wear a helmet while mounting biking?

things like that are just stupid IMO, when doing something even remotely dangerous, don't take a chance on something as simple as a helmet...

its like those people back in the day who used to paintball with cheap shop goggles... 1/4 of the old school guys messed up their eyes permanently

Nah, he doesn't drink anything obscene. He's just one of those guys that seems to get an insane ego boost when he's had a few drinks. Ya know, has to be mr macho tough guy, knows the answer to any question, and sometimes just plain **** annoying. Hence, the reasoning behind the airsoft purchase. :)

Does he know about the purchase of the gun?

Does he know about the purchase of the gun?

Yup. He isn't happy. :)

Most of the mountain biking I do isn't real insane stuff. Granted, my bike landed in the river two or three times already, but I've never had anything serious happen. You can preach to me all you want about that garbage, it makes no difference to me. When I start getting more serious about mountain biking and start flying down the side of hills where it's impossible to stop on a dime, then I'll invest in one.

Any tips on maintaining an air soft gun? Like greasing it up and stuff? How often should I do that (if at all) etc...

I'm trying to make this thing last a good while. I've noticed I sit here shooting targets for the better part of my evenings... so I'm wondering how many shots these things are supposed to last for... hopefully a while...

Yeah, that's what I thought too. But I took it apart (easy to do) and it looks like it's easy to clean and relube.

I did some searching and it seems that 100% silicone spray is the good stuff to use... and that it's recommended to clean/relube after every 5k shots or so.

I'll keep that in mind. This gun seems to piece apart easier than the other ones I tinkered with, which leads me to believe it's a little more inviting to maintenance.

I wonder, if not relubed/cleaned, what the life span is on one of these things?

One thing I do question is the one piece in the gun that actually holds the spring chamber "charged". I mean, when you pull the trigger, all of that force is being dropped... so that little piece of plastic in there that's locked in place to hold the chamber, it's obviously being rubbed. I wonder if that little guy wears out quick or what.

Perhaps I should just get some silicone spray... It looked a bit moist, but to have on hand I guess it'd be a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom