air soft guns

Status
Not open for further replies.
See, I actually would rather the gun be obviously fake. I can just see myself when we go camping on the beach in 2 months. I'd be standing in front of my buddy yellin, SQUEAL LIKE A PIGGY, BOY! shooting him continuously. A ranger strolling by would probably drop me if the thing looked like a real gun. The one I'm looking at is clear plastic and random bright bits of orange.

Surprisingly, the stupidest and cheapest looking air soft gun is probably the ultimate thing I am looking for. I just had no idea what kind of FPS is considered "good" or "insanely painful" or what.

Something with about 500/600FPS would be the max without killing your friend.

I don't suggest you use a pellet gun just the little plastic balls. Something with 1600FPS would be for hunting and not for friends. I actually seen a guy kill a 125LBS wild hog with one shot with his Gamo 1600FPS Air rifle. I just said to use a pellet gun on him as a joke. But please don't shoot your friend with lead pellets or BB's.

I spent 15 bucks and got the 240fps one from wal mart, and I must say, I'm impressed for 15 bucks. It's weighted nicely and the guts are all metal. I was just messin around and shot myself in the hand, ya know, cause I'm an idiot, and it definitely stung pretty bad. This will do the trick nicely! :)

Mk so, a few things changed since I posted here last. And although it probably doesn't make a difference, I figured I'd share my findings.

So I decided to return the 15 dollar gun to wal mart just to tinker around with other guns from other store. I kept looking at sports authority and thinking they HAD to have better quality items than wal mart. Wow, I was most definitely wrong.

They had a crap selection. I finally picked one out. I go to the car, open it, **** it, and the slide cracked. I was like, are you kidding me? I walked right back in the store and returned it. Cheaply built. Wasn't even worth 4 bucks to me, even in its working state.

I went to wal mart again, but a different one than originally... I figured it'd increase my chances of variety. I found a Colt Delta Elite... 25 bucks. Modeled after a 1911 Colt, which, being a fan of The Punisher, is kinda neato. 315fps - and **** it sure feels like a stinger. Well built, too. Real solid. Good buy for 25 bucks. I was surprised at its accuracy as well.

Anyway, those are my findings. Fun times abound.

Yeah, I'm the same way. I'd really like to get a shotgun... mostly for recreation and home protection. But I still live at home with the parents... so shortly here when I get out on my own, perhaps a shottie will be on the to-get list.

But pistols have a severe advantage over rifles of any sort. Ease of concealing.

But, meh, this is airsoft guns we're talking about. I'd rather a pistol in this instance... and that's what I got. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I gotta pick up some goggles and 2 more clips for this thing, though. These things aren't anything to mess with when it comes to eye protection and whatnot... and this is coming from a hardcore mountain biker who doesn't even wear a helmet on the trails.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom