Accessing passwords from internet usage

Status
Not open for further replies.

wazzuup

Solid State Member
Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows of software etc where you can access usernames/passwords being used on a computer (for things like mail accounts, chat rooms etc). My friend has two children aged 10 and 12. Although the PC is in a family room, she's still concerned about who they may be communicating with (you hear so many stories in the news nowadays). Although she doesn't want to be seen to be spying on them, she really would like to set her mind at rest that it is just friends they communicate with. Any ideas?

also if the passwords are being saved then you can use this http://www.oxid.it/cain.html to just see them. While technicly being a "brute force" program it does have its practical uses. I have used it a few times when I forget a password

Thanks for your help on this. Can I just ask, with these methods, is it possible to install it without it being visible to other users (e.g. without an icon on the desk top and without anything starting up when the machine is started?)

Thanks again

I do not recommend what sadrobot said but with the key logger, i'm sure it runs in the background from startup untill shutdown and can only be found from C:/program fille and from the process list in your task manager. I'll test it if you want.

If you don't mind testing it, that'd be great - I'm going to be the one who's going to have to download it etc for my friend so if you have any hints or tips about making it work then that'd be great.
Thanks again

1. Download + Install.
2. Choose 'launch in hidden mode' which launches a box to download new version.
3. Download new version and choose stealth installation during installation process.
4. After installation choose 'Hide the program from ctrl + alt + del' and 'record all website activity'
5. Delete shortcut from start menu + installers from desktop.
6. Click the play button then the hidden mode button.

Your now ready to record.

7. When you want to retrieve your log press shift + ctrl + alt + k.

Thanks again - I'll try it out on my own PC and see if I can get it up and running OK.

I got the install working a little while ago but I couldn't access the log - the short cut wasn't working. I've uninstalled it and I'm just about to try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom