A2zs

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshd

Fully Optimized
does anyone know if the A2ZS has some form of built-in "protection"?

when its volume is above around 75% ish, it will randomly mute for a few seconds and then unmute, around once every 1-2 minutes.

it does not do this when the volume is lower.

hmmm... I will have to have a fiddle around with it sometime and see exactly when or when it doesnt happen. probably have to be after christmas though, going away tomorrow morning.

thanks for the help.

It sounds like the protection circuit on your amp is kicking in. Solution? Don't turn the volume up so loud that you become deaf before you turn 20.

003 said:
It sounds like the protection circuit on your amp is kicking in. Solution? Don't turn the volume up so loud that you become deaf before you turn 20.

Exactly, I really can't stress this enough.

Louder doesn't make it sound better, it makes it sound louder.

I respect my hearing. :)

It isnt loud.

I just generally have the speakers turned down and the soundcard turned up (around 80% ish)

Crysalis said:
should be that way anyway

yea? ok.

(i had always thought that it was better to use the soundcard for most of the amp-ing, but maybe not. :eek: )

joshd said:
(i had always thought that it was better to use the soundcard for most of the amp-ing, but maybe not. :eek: )
NO! Distortion and clipping. The tiny single opamp in most sound cards cant amp for ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom