A+ Question please reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I too am working on getting my A+. I figured it would be the best place to start. Give me something to build on. I live in new york city, and i know im going to have to move once i start looking for a tech job. Those types of jobs are almost impossible to find here. bleh..:(

Hotwheelz said:
The way I see it, an A+ Cert. isnt going to get you too far or get you a great job. BUT, it is a step in the right direction. It allows you to get those basic jobs and work your way up. You have to start somewhere.

I couldnt' agree with that more. The way I see it, the A+ is good for tech support or help desk positions in large corporations. Beyond that it provides a good foundation for computer knowledge and knowing your way around it. (as expressed by others already on this thread). Feldman you're only 21 yet and there's no telling what you will or will not like in the future unless you try it for yourself. You may not like programming, but someday you may get tired of working on PCs and may want something different. Just keep an open-mind.

heh i dont think it should take anyone who likes and knows computers 9 months to get a A+ i say a couple of months of studying,heh, only problem is those test are constantly updated with new stuff and new stuff comes out, thats pretty much what i dont like about certification test, but id say it makes sense! hehehe

apokalipse

can you take the A+ certification test in Australia?

I am not 100% sure about Australia but I know it is not just for north america (most if not all of the different certs are international... why do you think we can even outsource to india in the first place?) I live in Germany and I know all the certs,,, CCNA, CCNP, A+, MCSE are all available here in both german and english. Just do a google search or check with some of the bigger testing companies.

igotyofire

heh i dont think it should take anyone who likes and knows computers 9 months to get a A+ i say a couple of months of studying

As for this coment... I would have to agree with you 110%... I don't think it should take 9 months to study for this since it is just an overview of components and troubleshooting procedures. I haven't taken the A+ but I guarantee you the can't teach you EVERYTHING... not every piece of equipment works the same and works correctly with other pieces of equipment. If someone wrote a book about "everything" it would probably be too big to carry home and would probably take you about 10 years to read. 9 months is a little long...

Good luck though!!! :D (sorry about the spelling errors... i'm no spelling bee champ! ;-P)

A+ will get your foot in the door somewhere, that's about it. I've had it for months now, and search for jobs constantly, every day. I'm still not in the field :(

Hey all,

Well it seems my post might not be read but here goes,

I never got my A+ because our lecture went off ill (heart trouble)

So my only cert is Level 2 diploma (btw im in england here)

Cert is not everything though, although I just found myself a full time job (yey) and this would be my second IT Support Job you simply need to get a interview and tell them how you are generaly interested in I.T me being interested in I.T since the age of 4 and destroying a floppy drive, It is how you present yourself

I agree hawk, I suppose if you had the A+ it would go down well in an interview but what really counts is how you present yourself and are able to answer all the questions thrown at you. anyway who am I to talk I'm just a forklift driver in a steel plant lol, but still looking for that dream job working with computers.

Heck you can get A+ in New Zealand!!!

A+ just tells the company that you know your stuff. But I dont have A+ or any computer qualifications and I work in IT and stuff. I guess it just depends how you sell yourself sometimes. In other words. I agree with Hawk~

Well I go to Tech Skills in AZ and it only took me a lil over a month to obtain my core hardware and now working on my OS but it shouldnt take 9 months. And like many folks all I want to do is get my foot in the door in the IT feild, but to get deep into the feild it truly takes more than an A+. Also currently starting on an @ home based PC tech business just for fun and see where it takes me. Any Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom