9600gt kfa2 512mb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been racking my head about this exact same thing over the past weeks. I'm building a new rig from scratch.

The 9600gt's scale BEAUtifully and in SLI are great together.

HOWEVER.

I'm still not too sure about going with two video cards. Granted, it's flipping sweet. It's just the simple fact that the 8800GTS 512MB is a great performer as it is, and is a much simpler solution, and uses up less power.

And also, I only play at 1280x1024 and 1920x1080 on my TV now and again. My 8800GT from my last rig was a great performer as it was, and the G92 GTS is even better then the GT.

LOL, i know, you sound just like me...i keep going back and forth each day...on one hand the SLI set up would be cool to have, i'd love to try it....and on the other hand, more potential to go wrong, 8800gts is tried, tested and true....new and cool or old faithfull???

SLI looks great at LANs to, most guys i LAN with know nothing about comps other than how to play the games....would blow them away :D

I thought all 9 series cards had tri sli support.

check the SLi teeth on the card... there is only 1 ;)

14-134-038-06.jpg

14-130-072-33.jpg

look how manly that gtx looks... GOD, i'm so tempted to go back to 8800gtx and screw the 9800gx2 or gtx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom