360 dvd drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

pablo09

Baseband Member
Hi guys for the last couple of months my dvd drive seems to be working harder than usual.

I mean it is making loud noises now and again when i am loading or playing games and when i eject they seem to be spinning fast.

i got my 360 in july 07 so its not that old.

is my dvd drive on its way out?

Mine does this all the time, and it has since I got it a year and a half ago. Works fine, if you don't mind the noise :)

I've found that if you lay the xbox on it's side the noise isn't as bad. Or atleast it's that way with my xbox. I had it standing up on my hardwood floor and it was vibrating everything and making a ton of noise.

ok cheers m8 i will give it a try, it does sound like its vibrating quite bad...

A small 3 watt motor isn't going to really help with the heat issue...

If you think about it, a SATA drive spinning at 5400 or so RPM's generates far more heat.

to be honest the really fast spinning discs is the only problem ive had with my 360, its never shut down due to overheating etc.

also i would install games but my hdd is only 20gb and i refuse to pay £90 for 120gb just cos microsoft wanna rip people off ha

Even if it does stop working you can always send it away to MS and get a new one back (as long as it is still in warranty!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom