2 SMP's for an i7?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, am I missing something here? I am using 1 client a downloaded from F@H website, and I run another GPU client that I got from the website. Should I be running any sort of modified client or different client to utilize all 4 cores? Someone should school me on this because I thought there was just a cpu client and a gpu client....? Can I be getting points faster?

Good to know, now that I have internet and better cooling (new apartment, better a/c) I can start folding again with the SMP client. Thanks a lot Burninator!

No problem. But remember to get the drop in .exe for the smp. The one that comes with the client is expired.

Also remember to set the -smp flag so it uses all 4 cores

:D

Right now I'm getting 6k ppd with notfreds vm and gpu client. Hope it will increase when I get the larger units.

just started some of the bigadv units and am only getting like 10k ppd out of them... gonna mess around and see whats going on

10k in fahmon for the bigadv client

also as requirements for bonus points... I read this:
Bonus point requirements

1) At least 10 Core A2 work units must be completed. (1920 or 25403 pt units qualify)
2) At least 80% of Core A2 work units must be completed in time.
3) A passkey must be used.

the 25403 ptrs are the bigadv wu's right? so that means i just need to finish ten of them.. then i get the bonus?

based on this i should be getting wayy more than 10k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom