2 questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquidgenisis

Baseband Member
ok 1. i have tw ocomputers side by side, i want to see if i will be able to transfer files from a direct connection (etherent from one computer to the other, is this possible? can u tell me how to get it set up?
2.lanning games, basically i want to set up so that if somone was on my other computer, we could run a gamne server off one computer, then we can both play, using the direct connection with the one ethernet cord.

if anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated

u can play against or with eachother without a server...just start a LAN game and make sure u have the IPX protocol assigned to yer NIC on both PC's

U need 2 network cards
U need 1 CROSSED UTP CAT5 cable
Put the network cards in both PC's, then go to network card properties (rightclick your network card in network neighbourhood) and click "add protocol" »» select IPX/Netbios from the list. Do this on both PC's.

Hope this helps :D

well right now the other computer is running windows ME cause wqe havent gt xp on it yet, and it doesnt have IPX/Netbios on it :S

it should be in the list...maybe its already installed...you prolly need the ME disc to install the protocol
look for anything with IPX, SPX, NetBIOS or nwLink protocol

go to start/setting/networksomething
open it and u will see Lan-connections1 or something similar»»» rightclick and select properties
assuming u have a network card installed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom