2 Questions, please answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bender[OO]

Baseband Member
Hello. I have a wireless network connection in my home with 3 computers sharing the internet. I want to set up a password for it so that my neighbours wont be able to use it. How could I do this, is it simple? If my neighbours are using it as well does that slow down my internet connection and can they get into my computer and see all of my personal information?

Another thing is that I find lately my internet is generally slow and sometimes unavailable when I try to connect to it from my computer which isn't the one physically connected to the modem. The router I am using is a pretty old d-link from about 4 years ago. If I bought a new router would the internet connection be faster? And when I use a program like Azureus I get such slow download speeds even if there are so many seeders like I rarely reach 30 kb/s and usually its around 5kb/s and when Azureus is opened sometimes I can't even connect to limewire or browse on the internet. Its really annoying. And on top of it I have high speed internet which doesn't seem at all like it is.

Any help in regards to my problems would be very much appreciated.

Enable your security protocols on your router. Yes you can put a password on there. You can also enable MAC filtering which I believe will only recognize the PC's you want it to. I'm not very experienced with wireless, so it is possible I am completely wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom