1 router, 2 computer, can connect wirelessly

Status
Not open for further replies.

akasixcon

This is sparta!
i have 2 computers
1 router

1 can connect to the router wirelessly the other is connected wired but i can't connect to the gateway via browser.

So the other computer not only cannot connect to the internet, but also can't connect to the gateway. I did cmd > ipconfig and it says that the gateway is indeed there. Like it shows the 192.168.10.1 connection but i stil can't go to the internet nor type in 192.168.10.1 on the web browser.

So the CMD ipconfig detects that its connected but whenever i do the web browser its a different story.

how do i ttrouble shoot this?

trendnet tew-672gr

also, i did some tweaking on my own and here is what i found:

1) My wired connection cannot connect to the internet
2) My wired connection computer can do ipconfig /release and then ipconfig /renew and my IP address is 192.168.10.101 and the gateway was 192.168.10.1 which is correct.
3) seems to have a problem obtaining DNS connection
4) I went to the Control Panel > Network settings and for the internet it says disabled
5) i right clicked enabled it but it says "connection failed"

I have Shaw Communications (i'm currently in Canada) and connection type is Cable. Other things to note is link-local ipv6 address gives me thie fe80: : xxxxx number t: xxx type of deal and then the ipv4 address give me my 192.168.10.100 IP and stuff.

Any other questiosn feel free to ask.

does the wired one has a dynamic IP or static one? oh and i notice you have vista you can try disabling ipv6 and give it a try again.

You do not mention having tested the ethernet cable that you are using for the wired connection. It is very quick and simple to swap in a known working cable to be sure that this is not the problem. I have seen less than perfect crimps on cables to cause weird things to happen.

trendnet tew-672gr

4) I went to the Control Panel > Network settings and for the internet it says disabled

that's normal these day when the net is connected. for some strange reason it just says disabled ever since sp2 even when it's not.

check your browser internet settings. did you have dial up before?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom