No Man's Sky - Tips and Tricks

lastplace09

Fully Optimized
I see a lot of you on my friends list playing this game.

Why don't we start a tip and trick thread?

1. Don't equip the pre-order ship until they fix the hyperdrive bug!

2. Mine for Emerald near space stations or trade centers to make big $$$.

3. If you use your ship to travel on the surface of the planet, make sure you have PLENTY of plutonium on board to replenish the launch fuel. Otherwise you could find yourself having to take long walks to mine plutonium!

I don't think this was mentioned in the link I posted earlier.

When activating a beacon choose shelter. These will lead you to exo suit upgrades a lot of the time.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I'm thinking if restarting.
If you do restart the opening portion goes by pretty quickly since you already know what to do. I wasn't too happy about having to restart but now I'm glad I did.

I can't stress how important using the beacons to find the drop pods is. You get +1 inventory slot for each one. You can find around 5 in an hour. Not having to constantly empty inventory and tapping R1 then X to boost instead of sprinting helps make the game move a little quicker.

If you pick up little glowing orb/pearls on a planet, be prepared to fight your way back to the ship. They are worth lots of units, but the sentinels get really irritated and attack you.

What are said glowing orb/pearls?
When you scan they show up as exclamation marks. I don't know if they do anything outside being worth a lot of money.

Speaking of which is that all the Atlas orbs are for too? I'm tempted to sell since they're worth over 60000 but I wasn't sure if they were used for something down the line.

All I know about the orbs is that they glow brightly and sell for a boat load of units so I sell the heck out of them.

There's not nearly enough inventory space to hoard them since they don't stack.

So when I craft upgrades for my gun and ship, do I need to keep them after crating or can I remove them and will the upgrade remain.

With so little inventory slots, the upgrades give me zero room

So when I craft upgrades for my gun and ship, do I need to keep them after crating or can I remove them and will the upgrade remain.

With so little inventory slots, the upgrades give me zero room
That's why you need those upgrades. If I were you I'd find a base on a planet that has one of those galactic trade terminals. Then just start stripping the area around of resources and sell them as your inventory fills. This goes by pretty quickly especially if you have large deposits of rarer material around. I managed about 1.7 million in three hours. A ship with 24 slots should run you a little over 1 million and each suit upgrade is +10,000 for each level.

Back
Top Bottom