Will you be getting FC4? (Far Cry 4)

It's a game that has really benefitted by the new consoles. Sure, if it was a PC exclusive it would turn out how it has anyway. But if the new consoles hadn't have came out, we'd be playing AC Unity with it still looking and behaving like AC 2. The amount of peds on the street doing normal things is frankly ridiculous. People repairing carts, breaking down doors, fighting etc. It's kinda surprising how they can put so many peds on the screen but keep CPU usage relatively modest, often only 40%.

It's a game that has really benefitted by the new consoles. Sure, if it was a PC exclusive it would turn out how it has anyway. But if the new consoles hadn't have came out, we'd be playing AC Unity with it still looking and behaving like AC 2. The amount of peds on the street doing normal things is frankly ridiculous. People repairing carts, breaking down doors, fighting etc. It's kinda surprising how they can put so many peds on the screen but keep CPU usage relatively modest, often only 40%.
Yup and I like how you can go thru homes easily now. The fighting style has changed and is harder which I like, I still feel like there's input lag in fighting, like the response isn't perfect but it's getting better
Hoping FC4 is this good looking, starting to look forward to it
Same here, got my free copy with my new card.

I honestly don't understand why you guys are praising this game so much. I have it maxed without AA and the textures still look rather **** just like all the other AC games. Good port? Hardly. The controls right off the bat are seriously bad. I can't even click menu options, rather I need to scroll using my keyboard. On top of that, everything is defaulted to Xbox controls shown until I hit a button on my keyboard or mouse. Then it switches back. I see no option or setting that will revert to defaulting the PC back. When we go to the hardware usage, it's mainly a single thread game like always. Most I've seen used is about 2.5GB of VRAM. My average frames are about 50-55 with dips into the 30s.

MInimum spec a 680? Wtf is Ubisoft smoking.

I honestly don't understand why you guys are praising this game so much. I have it maxed without AA and the textures still look rather **** just like all the other AC games. Good port? Hardly. The controls right off the bat are seriously bad. I can't even click menu options, rather I need to scroll using my keyboard. On top of that, everything is defaulted to Xbox controls shown until I hit a button on my keyboard or mouse. Then it switches back. I see no option or setting that will revert to defaulting the PC back. When we go to the hardware usage, it's mainly a single thread game like always. Most I've seen used is about 2.5GB of VRAM. My average frames are about 50-55 with dips into the 30s.

MInimum spec a 680? Wtf is Ubisoft smoking.

I honestly thought the complete opposite about textures. For the most part they're really good. The roof tiles and stuff look awesome.

And when running at max, it used like 2998MB constantly which is basically just the max it can use as I only have 3GB VRAM. I mean, they're never going to be up to par with a very linear PC exclusive FPS like Metro. But considering the world size, the amount going on, the fact it's third person.. they hold up well. The textures are also quite big and varied, which to me looks more realistic than small, high resolution, repeating textures.

I play with a DS4 so I can't comment on KBM controlls, other than I can't imagine the game working very well with KBM. I dunno, I just think some games work much better with a controller.

Also I think your game must be ****ed as it works like any other PC game in the menu with my mouse. Move mouse over and it highlights the option, then you click on it ???

Last edited:
Move mouse over the menu option then when I click on it you can see the button on the bottom change then go back but the option is never changed. Sort of the same for changing options. When I hit back I have to hit escape then it asks me if I want to save my options to hit A. So I hit enter taking a guess. I had to check 3 times to make sure all options were maxed and I even restarted the game to see if my textures would change. I could definitely tell it did something because soft shadows and lighting were different but the textures still looked pretty garbage. I didn't have much time so I quit a little bit after running around as a kid to get some daylight going.

I find using the keyboard to be fantastic for this game just like I did with SoM. It just clicks for me. The first AC I tried using the Xbox controller and I just fumbled a lot. Ever since I've used kb/mouse and never had any issues. Actually controlling the character is fine, just the options on the hud show Xbox controls instead of kb/mouse until I click or hit something. I even made sure my 360 dongle was unplugged.

Fair enough. Far Cry games tend to be better PC optimized than the AC suite of games. I think GTX 680 is recommended rather than minimum, which is fair enough, it's a couple gens old now and it's a good looking game. I am really looking forward to stealthing my way around Kyrat with a bow and crossbow :D

Hey PP, i think it's just user error...let me remote in and take a look...:p
For me, the controller works best for racing, sports games, and 3d person shooters.
It's funny when my cousins can't understand how I use the keyboard for fps shooters, they're like how do you use WASD, IT DOESN"T MAKE SENSE!!!
And then one of them is addicted to League of Legends and hes like the controls are simplified, its QWERT....or i think it was ASDF....hah anyways, how the heck does that make sense?!?!?
I remember when me and my wife kept dying in Tomb Raider on some action scenes until i played with the mouse and i'm like OMG this game is sooo easy!!!! until some dude stabbed me with his pitch fork or something and lifted me in the air...hah it was much easier though

Back
Top Bottom